Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
Mommy2PJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need some help! DS is SO TALL!

Hi Ladies,

I'm fairly new here... my name is Jenna. I have 3 kiddos... all boys... DS1 is 17 months and DS2 & 3 are 4 months.. So they're all three in diapers! What fun! lol

Anyway, I've been buying some different things off the FSOT for DS1, as he just outgrew his BG OS pockets, which I was totally in love with! I wish they made them bigger!! Anyway, DS is 34 inches tall... so he's like in the 97th percentile for height... and he only weighs 25 pounds, so in the 50th for height... which of course makes him VERY tall for his age and weight!

So... I tried PT fuzzi bunz... too short. Large HH.. perfect around, but too short. KL2, with a cover... found that large BSWW fits great, but KL2 - too short! Again, perfect on the waist, but too short! I'm having this problem with everything I am trying! And anything XL is way too big around his waste, even on the smallest setting. I have a L Fuzzi Bunz on the way from one mama, but I'm afraid it'll be too short too, since the PT was.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using prefolds on him some and they're not too bad, but I really, really like my pocket dipes! I just wish there was an XL BG bamboo or pocket other than the OS or something!

Any ideas?

Thanks ladies! Can't wait to "meet" y'all!

Advertisement

Mommy2PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:57 AM   #2
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need some help! DS is SO TALL!

Hi Jenna! I don't have any suggestions for you, but feel for ya. DS is also tall and very skinny. I did luck out and find that med. FB worked for him, but now he is outgrowing them. PT FBs work great for over night, but because he has super skinny legs.. unless we pack them for night time he can't wear them. The leg holes are open.

Anyway.. I just wanted to give this a bump for you so that other mamas can see and hopefully give you some suggestions. Maybe try contacting one of the WAHMs and getting some custom made pockets to your ds's measurements?

Just an idea. I hope you find some diapers soon that work for you!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:22 AM   #3
Braggarmywife28
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow Large HH are too short on him?Thats weird bc my dd is 20 months..26 pounds and 36 inches tall and the L HH are like up to her armpits
Braggarmywife28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:51 AM   #4
klindsey82
Registered Users
seller

My DS still fits into his BGs OS and he is 35" and 33lbs, he is 99th percentile in both height and weight (always has been). I really havent had a problem with ANY large diaper, to be honest. Name brands that have worked for us are haute pockets, bg os, fb's... all the regular brands!
klindsey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:18 AM   #5
browneyedgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh man, this is my worst fear! My DS is the same as yours, 95 % for height, 50% for weight. He's only 7 months though, so we haven't run into this problem yet. The KL 1 are to short for him too, but the bG fitted works. Have you tried the bG fitted in large? I can't believe he outgrew the bG OS. I love those, my boy better stay in them for awhile!
browneyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:25 AM   #6
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wish I could help ya. We are all prefolds, and wool here. DD is 21 months, 28lbs and 36" tall (she hit a major growth spurt in the last few weeks) and her waist is longer than her legs (built like me lol) so her rise is 20". Never have used a pocket dipe so I'm no help there, but maybe you could get one custom made?
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:52 AM   #7
kristini2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both of my first two were very short in the rise so I'm not much help, but if the large BSWW fit great how about buying some prefolds to trifold in the BSWW covers and just using that for DS1?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:04 AM   #8
my4blessings
Registered Users
Formerly: my3kiddos
seller

My Mood:

Wow! My ds is 18 mos, 35" tall and 26 lbs....he still wears his med FB (on the tightest snap fitting), we have some PT FBs, and his BG still fit. Prestons Pants makes a skinny large, but I would assume (since they fit lsimilar to the Med FB IMO) they would be too short for your ds. Also, it sounds like the Large FB would be too big aroung the waist. Maybe I have just gotten used to have a lower rised diaper. I am 6' and dh is 6' 4", so we have just become acustomed to things being short. (Our 5 year is 51" tall and has to wear a size 10!!! All three of our children are off the charts for height at their age)

Last edited by my4blessings; 06-19-2007 at 08:05 AM.
my4blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ds is appx 27lbs and 35inches and BG OS and LG fits him (if it wasn't for ds chunky thighs they are a great fit for us) we also have a couple FF that are great. prefolds w/ bsww.