Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

Stroller Q for 2 kids

I hope this is the right place to post this. We are expecting #2 in a few months and I cant decide on what type of stroller to get. Dd will be a month or two shy of three years old. We are thinking of getting a stroller that has the seat/stand option on back or just a single stroller for the new baby. Dd does do ok walking right now if we take short trips and such to the mall or whatever. Plus I was thinking I would always have a sling or carrier with me so if she needed the stroller I could wear the new baby. But I dont want to regret not getting a sit/stand duo rider. What do you experienced ladies think?

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
MamaPajama79
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Stroller Q for 2 kids

My DS refused to stand or sit on one of those. My best suggestion would be to try it out at BRU first before purchasing. We ended up with the Graco DuoRider (or whatever it's called) and we LOVE it! It's super easy to maneuver, even one-handed and it folds up very compact.
MamaPajama79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
TeneikM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love love love my Sit n Stand, and the new versions now have the option of being sit n stand or a double. If mine broke I would def. get this new version!

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...tegoryId=86216
Old 06-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Kind of expensive, but we LOVE our phil and teds. It can be a single OR double stroller (which is mostly why we chose it, since my middle child is just a TAD younger than your oldest). It folds up smaller than most strollers (let alone DOUBLE strollers). It works as a jogging stroller or just an around town stroller. Its great. I cant sing it enough praises. It is TOTALLY worth every penny!
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have a Maclaren Twin and love it! My 3yo and 1yo both fit great in it
Old 06-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Kind of expensive, but we LOVE our phil and teds. It can be a single OR double stroller (which is mostly why we chose it, since my middle child is just a TAD younger than your oldest). It folds up smaller than most strollers (let alone DOUBLE strollers). It works as a jogging stroller or just an around town stroller. Its great. I cant sing it enough praises. It is TOTALLY worth every penny!
link?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #7
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am in the same delimma; however, going for a few trips to the bay area we have found several people that use the Phil and Ted stroller and they are really cool, we are just trying to justify the cost because DD1 is not walking at 20 months but we get braces this week, and DD2 is due in August.
http://www.tinyride.com/category.aspx?SID=3&Category_id=64&filterID=9&page =1&n=10&src=GGL&cpn=pat_gen_strolling&kwd=phil+and +ted+stroller&s_kwcid=phil%20and%20ted%20stroller| 787582105

At the moment we can't justify the cost but we have seen what these babys can do in the city and they are awesome and I think they would be well worth the money in the long run.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #8
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.tinyride.com/category.aspx?SID=3&Category_id=64&filterID=9&page =1&n=10&src=GGL&cpn=pat_gen_strolling&kwd=phil+and +ted+stroller&s_kwcid=phil%20and%20ted%20stroller| 787582105

http://strollers.baby-gaga.com/phil-...3-explorer.php

For whatever reason it is not allowing me to give direct links at the moment but we have seen the various options (especially the cocoon for the infant option so they could sleep) for use with this stroller and yes Sam, I am envious. LOL
Old 06-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #9
Sweetp
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a 2 1/2 year old and a three mos. baby, and we didn't get a double stroller or a sit n stand, and I regret it now. We are now in the process of selling or joggin stroller to get a form of a double. I thought I just carry the baby and put toddler in the stroller, but it gets old. We walk a lot, so if you didn't walk a lot then maybe it wouldn't be a problem, but even in stores it's nice to have them both contained and not on you. Unless, your almost 3 yr old is very calm and easily walks next to you without running away often then get a sit n stand. That's my
Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #10
Sweetp
Registered Users

My Mood:

i'm looking at the joovy sitnstand.