Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Stroller Q for 2 kids

I'm looking at the double sit-n-stand from one step ahead!

Laura, Wife to my best friend, Mommy to Alex , 9-14-04, and Lucas , 8-20-07
1 in 110 children in the US have an Autism Spectrum Disorder and I'm proud that two of them are mine.
AngelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #12
My Mood:

We've got a Combi Twin Savvy EX. We really like how light it is and it seems pretty easy to turn for a double stroller. I also liked that when dd was tiny I could put her in it because the seat reclined to almost flat. I wish the storage baskets were bigger, and the stroller pack is supposed to hold drinks but doesn't. But, overall, I would recommend this stroller for being lightweight and easy to use. I decided against the sit and stand stroller because it was heavier and I didn't want to spend the money on something ds might not tolerate...
SAHM to a boy who loves the outdoors (5/05) and a girl who loves her big brother! (1/07)
srfbluemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:01 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

My ods was 20 months when ds2 was born; we never used a double stroller. I either carried the baby and let ods sit in the stroller or had the baby in the stroller and let ods walk. The same for all of our boys (all between 20 months and 2.5 years apart). I only got a double stroller when I had twins and am very happy with the Combi side-by-side and our InStep Safari Swivel wheel stroller. I think you'd probably be fine without a double.
Ima_to_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #14
Registered Users

I had 4 kids in 3.5y, so Ihave a stroller junk yard as I like to call it I had my twins when my DS was 17m, but we lived in NYC and could not fit a triple into our elevator. I bought a Graco duoglider (tandem) That way I could put both babies or one baby and one toddler in it. I would then put the other baby in a bjorn. Once my DS was 2y I let him walk more, but he is very active, so this was only for short walks.

My twins were 26m when I had my baby and if I had all of the kids with me, I used a single or double - one twin and the oldest would walk.

So - I think if you do a lot of mall shopping, go for the sit n stand but if you want it for wlaks, then get a double jogger. I have a triple jogger and a single jogger which are all used ONLY for walks and I LOVE them. Even my 5 year old sits in it sometimes.
mama to a pair and 2 spares
DS-5.5y Twin girls - 4y DS-2y
tellymonster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:20 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

We're in the same boat you are with having a 18 month old ACTIVE boy and are expecting #2 in 2 months. We actually chased down a mom in the mall who had a sit and stand and after chatting with her we've decided that we need a tandem runner and are seriously considering the valco double. It is some serious $$$ to lay down but we walk almost everyday. The one thing that the mom with the sit and stand said was if you're child won't sit still and listen to you when you say to stay then you're going to be spending the time trying not to have them jump off...that would be my son...always wanting to get down or jump off. Also the one I saw only had a 3 strap harness and my son can definitely get out of a 3 part harness faster than you can say houdini....
Renegade Baby Punk, Rock, Skate, Surf, Organic, whateva diaper store!

We Carry Eco Friendly Disposables and.. Check out the rockin selection of covers and cloth diapers!
singbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote