Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #1
Mugs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DH wants to quit cloth! I am sad What to do?

So we have been doing cloth diapers for 22 months. and Now my DH wants me to sell everything off. I am so sad I just got my stash to where I wanted it. I even have two brand new dipes that I didn't even get to use yet. I am sad. I am just tired too of washing diapers everyday. With three in diapers it really is getting to be alot of work and we are hoping to PT our boys this summer if all goes well.

I need some advice. Should I stick out with cloth for the next few months or switch to sposies? I have a great stash of peewells, fuzzi bunz, and various other diapers. I even have some wool.

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Inkdboy
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH wants to quit cloth! I am sad What to do?

Did you show him how much sposies are going to cost for three children..He might think otherwise...

Plus all the trash your going to make....
I'm sure its hard cd three, I cd two. The wash gets ridiculous but I'm starting to work on a three day stash...
Washing everyday is a lot of work....I know I've been there.
But in order for me to make it cost effective and worth it, I had to buy PF's and flats...
Good luck...but maybe try buying some sposies...But keep your stash and go from there...
Inkdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
Mugs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh could care less about the amount of trash he is creating. Cost is not really an issue for us. We can afford to buy sposies I think the reason he wants to switch is that for our vacation we had to switch to sposies and he doesn't want to go back now. He said something about having to deal with the poop. But he doesn't really have to do anything with it either way. I am the one that is doing all the swishing. Also we have a live in nanny that would prefer we switch to sposies too (its my husbands aunt from Poland).

I really like the way cloth looks its soo much cuter! Sposies are gross!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
Inkdboy
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm thats a bummer... I could afford sposies as well... But To me the smell in the trash can is far worse then rinsing off a poopy diaper...
Plus All the chemicals in a sposie.. Hopefully you'll be able to keep with cloth...
Good luck... UUUUGGGHHH I hate sposies, just the thought of it makes me cringe.
Inkdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If he doesn't do much with it, then I think it should be your choice. But thats JMO. Dh is the same way at times. He'd jump for joy if we switched back. But he's a SAHD, so its a little different.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 AM   #6
momof2stars
Registered Users

If you decide you want to sell pm me I am looking to pick up a good bit.

Hope you make the choice that is best for you & your family.
momof2stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it is something you really want then you should put your foot down. seriously .. I wouldnt want my kids to have to sit in chemicals all day long.. and I dont care what dh thought about it.. seriously ... when he starts changing all the diapers and washing all the clothes.. then he can complain.. till then .. he could step off
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
seller
seller

My Mood:

All I can think of is to keep it a 'non-issue' by not discussing the pros/cons of either, try to keep sposies away but if dh or aunt use them, don't complain. Talk positively about the laundry situation ie don't complain about the diaper laundry. If asked about cloth diapering, talk about how you enjoy it, how the kids are comfy, etc.

Does your dh care about the chemicals and yucky stuff in sposies?

And if it becomes a really big problem, quit cloth. It's as simple as that! Or like op said, keep your faves, switch to sposies for a while and still have your cd in case you want to part-time it.

Or agree on a time frame. Say: Lets use cloth for one more month and then decide. If you downplay the whole diaper discussion, maybe in a month he won't care so much.

Speaking of that, why is he so concerned? My dh doesn't love our cloth, he always puts ds in sposies when he changes dipes. But really, he doesn't care if I use cloth the other 99% of the time.

Are you really overwhelmed with mommy stuff (totally understandable) and your dh is trying to help you simplify? Take a cd break and try again later!
Old 06-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #9
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 View Post
If it is something you really want then you should put your foot down. seriously .. I wouldnt want my kids to have to sit in chemicals all day long.. and I dont care what dh thought about it.. seriously ... when he starts changing all the diapers and washing all the clothes.. then he can complain.. till then .. he could step off
Totally agree!

Maybe do it part time? I couldnt imagine going back to sposies
Old 06-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #10
Bekahall
Registered Users

My Mood:

Very good advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmolly View Post
All I can think of is to keep it a 'non-issue' by not discussing the pros/cons of either, try to keep sposies away but if dh or aunt use them, don't complain. Talk positively about the laundry situation ie don't complain about the diaper laundry. If asked about cloth diapering, talk about how you enjoy it, how the kids are comfy, etc.

Does your dh care about the chemicals and yucky stuff in sposies?

And if it becomes a really big problem, quit cloth. It's as simple as that! Or like op said, keep your faves, switch to sposies for a while and still have your cd in case you want to part-time it.

Or agree on a time frame. Say: Lets use cloth for one more month and then decide. If you downplay the whole diaper discussion, maybe in a month he won't care so much.

Speaking of that, why is he so concerned? My dh doesn't love our cloth, he always puts ds in sposies when he changes dipes. But really, he doesn't care if I use cloth the other 99% of the time.

Are you really overwhelmed with mommy stuff (totally understandable) and your dh is trying to help you simplify? Take a cd break and try again later!
Bekahall is offline   Reply With Quote