Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #11
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: DH wants to quit cloth! I am sad What to do?

If you switch to sposies, it may complicate potty training for boys. My ds1 was in sposies, we tried pull ups and it just wasn't working out. I had to go to training pants and big boy underwear to get it accomplished. Please share this info w/dh. Sposies may prolong time in diapers.

Advertisement

mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #12
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 View Post
If it is something you really want then you should put your foot down. seriously .. I wouldnt want my kids to have to sit in chemicals all day long.. and I dont care what dh thought about it.. seriously ... when he starts changing all the diapers and washing all the clothes.. then he can complain.. till then .. he could step off
exactly!!!!! Yeah, my dh makes all the money and pays for all the diapers but he knows he don't go around blowing money left and right. I'm VERY frugal when it comes to money so he knows that if I buy something it's because I bought it with my money(I get child support for my other daughter), I sold something, or Sara really did NEED it. And he might have to change a few but I do the majority of the diaper changes, and I provide him with the bg that he loves instead of prefolds and I do all the washign and taking care of poop. I'm sure you pay your nanny or at least provide room and board for free, so she's your employee and she needs to do what you ask because that's the way life works. Kidding. But seriously, you need to make this decision. Could you trust the nanny with somet diaper laundry? Could you simplify to a system that works better for your family and makes you less stressed??? If you really want to switch back to sposies, go for it! If you really do want to stick with cloth, don't let people tell you any different!

Oh yeah and my dh HATES cloth diapers. He really does. But he does it because it saves us money and it's what I insist on and he doesn't do any of the work involved. He changes very few diapers but can snappi a prefold with the best of them. However, he really loves bumgenius as opposed to prefolds so I bought a few for him for his changes and when he takes Sara out by himself so that he can't complain too much. He may hate cloth but he gets the diaper that he actually doesn't despise as much.

Last edited by 3rockstars; 06-18-2007 at 10:29 AM.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #13
ncdav9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im in the same boat right now. My Dh doesnt want to do CDs anymore, he wants to go back to sposies. And its causing me to lack motivation in doing it.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
Googly Bear
Registered Users
Formerly: Leighznich
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tough situation! But if you do decide to go back to sposies, even for PT, Seventh Generation makes awesome chlorine free diapers. I've been using them for months. I personally even think they are better than the Pampers Cruisers! So that will ease your mind on the chemical issue..

I buy them at Amazon.com on their subscription service and pay only $35 a case (and before I was doing cloth, a case would last me a month).

Good luck!
Googly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #15
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd let him use disposables if that is what he wants, but I wouldn't. If you want to use cloth, use it. He doesn't have to. But if you don't care, then sell it. Your boys are close to PTing though, so I'd just stick with it until they are done.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #16
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if you dont want to stop CDING then dont. my dh never wanted me to start!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #17
Mugs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me I would really rather do one or the other just gets to confusing switching back and forth. Also he does most of the daily changes and so they would end up in sposies most of the time. Then the cloth would just be sitting around in the diaper pail. I just don't know how to make part-time work.

I know that ultimatly it is my decision. He never wanted cloth to begin with either. But for a while he was really on board and liked it better. I guess I will have to talk with him about it again. At lunch today he said fine with me if we stay in cloth but you do the laundry. Part of the problem is I feel like I never get to stop the washing machine and our new dryer doesn't work right so its taking forever to dry the dipes.

Triplets in cloth means lots of diapers and lots of clothes to wash. I work full time and so does my dh. Its been hard lately to even keep the house picked up.

Last edited by Mugs; 06-18-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Mugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #18
lovebeingamommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=mikkismama;1301864]If he doesn't do much with it, then I think it should be your choice. But thats JMO.

Ditto that!
lovebeingamommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #19
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

I haven't read all the resonses so sorry if this has already been said, but it will probably make PLing for your boys MUCH harder!!! I know my ds2 PLed the fastest and easiest when we switched from diapers/pullups to cloth. He PLed at 19months in 1 week. No accidents ever after that! He would tell us when he peed in his diapers for about 2 weeks prior to us trying to potty and it was when we KNEW he didn't like feeling wet in the cloth that we tried PLing and he was so EASY!!!!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #20
fsufan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 View Post
If it is something you really want then you should put your foot down. seriously .. I wouldnt want my kids to have to sit in chemicals all day long.. and I dont care what dh thought about it.. seriously ... when he starts changing all the diapers and washing all the clothes.. then he can complain.. till then .. he could step off
Ditto that !!! Not to mention the nasty waste with paper dipes. I personally think it's disgusting. It's everyones responsibility to preserve our Planet. I'm a tree hugger I know how it is to have 3 in cd's at once. Right now I have 2 FT cd'ers and My ds Matt only during the night. I don't work outside of the house , but do have a WAHM bus that keeps my pretty busy.
It's not easy, but to me it's soooo worth it. Good luck on PT'ing