Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #21
spacecat1974
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH wants to quit cloth! I am sad What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
For me I would really rather do one or the other just gets to confusing switching back and forth. Also he does most of the daily changes and so they would end up in sposies most of the time. Then the cloth would just be sitting around in the diaper pail. I just don't know how to make part-time work.

I know that ultimatly it is my decision. He never wanted cloth to begin with either. But for a while he was really on board and liked it better. I guess I will have to talk with him about it again. At lunch today he said fine with me if we stay in cloth but you do the laundry. Part of the problem is I feel like I never get to stop the washing machine and our new dryer doesn't work right so its taking forever to dry the dipes.

Triplets in cloth means lots of diapers and lots of clothes to wash. I work full time and so does my dh. Its been hard lately to even keep the house picked up.

Ok, this is just my experience but my DS was in cloth and he PT'd himself at 30 months (we introduced him to the potty but didn't push it starting at 24 months). Of my friends that have kids his age, neither of the kids is PT'd yet, both are in sposies, and in one case the older brother (who just turned 5) only recently PT'd. So, IME cding really does help to promote PL.

Sure, doing the wash sucks but if you are intent on starting PL soon, then I wouldn't risk the setback.

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #22
TJgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh man, any chance you could get that nanny to do the laundry each night? That might really lighten your load a bit. Whatever you decide, good luck!
Old 06-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #23
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i would put the cloth away and let him BUY spzoies and use them for a few weeks, his wallet will start hurting plus all the extra trash he'll need to be taking out of the home. do not sell your stash mama, put your foot down.
my dh told me before he is going to come and list my whole stash for free because he says i wash to often which i don't, diapers get washed 1x-2x/week only, he's nuts..lol
SO if anyone see's MY stash on here listed by my dh~ do not buy/request them
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #24
Mamalicious
Registered Users

My Mood:

I guess I wouldn't make too much of an issue either. At the same time, you've invested the time and effort into cloth and have all the dipes. I say if it's possible to stick it out for a few more months. Can you do the dipes every other day? Or do you do it everyday because you don't have enough? Can you line dry part of the time so you're just hanging them up and then bringing them in instead of using your dryer all the time?
The only thing I really have to comment on is the nanny/aunt issue. I think if she's influencing your dh on this (something that is relatively minor) will she influence him on other decisions? Family, or not, I think things should be decided between you and your dh, not you, dh and his aunt. That's jmo though.
I also agree that going back to sposies MAY make pting a little harder because they'll be more used to being dry and not think "hey I don't want to sit in a wet dipe". Whatever you decide, you have to do what's best for you and your kids.
Mamalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #25
benjason
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 View Post
If it is something you really want then you should put your foot down. seriously .. I wouldnt want my kids to have to sit in chemicals all day long.. and I dont care what dh thought about it.. seriously ... when he starts changing all the diapers and washing all the clothes.. then he can complain.. till then .. he could step off

Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 PM   #26
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugs View Post
My dh could care less about the amount of trash he is creating. Cost is not really an issue for us. We can afford to buy sposies I think the reason he wants to switch is that for our vacation we had to switch to sposies and he doesn't want to go back now. He said something about having to deal with the poop. But he doesn't really have to do anything with it either way. I am the one that is doing all the swishing. Also we have a live in nanny that would prefer we switch to sposies too (its my husbands aunt from Poland).

I really like the way cloth looks its soo much cuter! Sposies are gross!
Well, can you compromise and start using flushable liners? They are really easy and you can wash them a few times if your kids don't poop in them.

If you learn to use liners correctly you can prevent poop from getting on the diaper and if you use disposable wipes you can have poop free dipes come wash day. And IMO if you have poop free dipes you can wash more dipes at once and get them clean, which means you could perhaps wash every other day.

Or perhaps agree to use sposies part time, i.e. during the day when nanny is there. If you really want to continue cding perhaps you can strike a compromise.

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #27
phantomripples
Banned

i think if you change to sposies you are gonna have a more difficult time of pting ... at least that is what i ve heard, I'd stick with my guns.
phantomripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:19 AM   #28
Mugs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I am going to tell him we are going back to cloth this weekend.

The reason I was every day is that with 3 in dipes by the end of the day the pail is pretty much full and if I let it go too long then I have two loads of dipes to wash instead of one.

I agree about cloth being better for potty learning. Yesterday I put my oldest in the training pants I bought and he peed right through them and as soon as he did he was like "shoo shoo" That's how we say pee in Polish. He was definitely feeling the wet.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #29
Brenda
Banned
seller

My Mood:

It boils my blood when dh's/so's just go ahead and say stop cd'ing. My husband never understood why I would waste my "time" and he always refused to use cloth. I told him tough tushies, if you don't like it, buy sposies, learn how to use them, or clean up after his naked behind. It's not his choice. It's what's better for my baby and I could give a rat's a** what he thinks about it.

Can you tell that really pisses me off..lol
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote