View Poll Results: Should i sell nb dipes?
Yes, sell them buy more later 51 49.04%
No, keep them 48 46.15%
other, please explain 5 4.81%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #11
blaqpearl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: should is sell?

I know how you feel mama. I lost my little baby girl at 21 weeks in december.

I say, keep a couple that are really special. And sell the ones that you know you can get again. I would be worried about the elastics going bad.

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #12
earthforeverbroken
Banned
seller

keep them, you wont regret it, why?
1 the value of the dollar is going down, so you have the new diapers and they will be new when you have your new baby.
2 the cost of shipping seems to go up every year, it will cost more for you to buy more later on...
3 when you are having your new baby later on you wont have to fret aobut buying diapers, you will already have them and can spend your money on other things you need

as for storing them, i would do airtight packing, but im no expert...

also (and i have never MC'd) i would think that it would make you feel better using them on the new baby. it would for me, it would remind me of how special life is and that it will be getting better. just hold your head up high and keep on trucking!

Last edited by guesscookie88888@yahoo.co; 06-18-2007 at 05:47 PM.
earthforeverbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #13
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I kept things I had bought for my first pg that I mc at 10.5 weeks. I used them for ds. I wasn't sure if I would be okay with it until I was about halfway through my pg with ds but I was. I had things I really loved and I kept them and felt good about it.

I think your elastics etc will be fine. If you were to concieve quickly and have a baby in a year that's only a few more months past when this child would've been born.

Last edited by FancifulFanny; 06-18-2007 at 05:59 PM.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #14
lexi22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry about your m/c When I m/c I had to sell or give away everything I had bought for the new baby; it just hurt to have things around to remind me. That's just my , though you could always buy more later.

Take care mama.

Wife to Kevin and Mama to sweet Maeve!
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #15
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I think if looking at them is going to make you sad, then by all means, sell them!

If you are okay with it, and see them as just diapers, I would keep, because the pp is right - everything is going up quickly.

I am so sorry for your loss.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #16
lunamoth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: should I sell?

<<I think your elastics etc will be fine. If you were to concieve quickly and have a baby in a year that's only a few more months past when this child would've been born.>>

Personally I would keep them because selling will be a hassle (pics, posting, answering, mailing) that you don't need right now...you need to rest and heal and love life again.

You won't get back what you spent if you sell them, and will have the additional hassle to re-stash when you get pg again. Keeping them means you will have more time to enjoy your next pregnancy or get other things ready.

lunamoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #17
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Here is my take on it.

Sierra was born at 36 weeks and came home with us so obviously we had nearly everything we needed for her. When she died we returned everything that was specific to her (but not sentimental) that we would not have used again for another baby had Sierra lived. Mainly her crib set, lamp, wall decorations, and curtains (they were displayed but never used so Babies-R-Us gave us store credit when they found out what happened) Her crib, bassenet, dresser, infant car seat and stroller. onsies, socks, outfits, we kept because we would have passed those on to the next baby had Sierra lived.

So I guess I am saying that if you would normally save the diapers after one baby uses them to pass to the next then you should save them. If you would normally use them on just one baby, sell them and buuy new later then I would sell them. We didn't CD at the time so no storage advice there though.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:26 AM   #18
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

I too want to send hugs! I think it is totally up to you to either sell or not. Only you know how you feel..kwim?

I had a hard week last week and probably will this week as well. I am suppose to be having our baby, but we buried her instead. Our baby girl died in utero at 20 weeks. It was hard because at the 16 week u/s everything was great. Anyhoo.. I bought a dress set and a cute .. I love Daddy onesis for her. I still have it as I can't stand to look at it to get rid of it. It is hid in a bag in our walk in closet. I know I will not use it for another baby as I am crazy and think they are jinxed. I will not give them away or sell them because of the same. I guess I will eventually throw them out. Yes.. I am crazy. I guess it helps me to THINK that I have some control over something dealing with the baby. I usually never buy anything until the 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. So that is why I think "I" jinxed it.

I really think that no matter what you decide.. it will be right for you and your family!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 AM   #19
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry JoAnna - do what feels right
Old 06-19-2007, 06:16 AM   #20
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperingMama View Post
I too want to send hugs! I think it is totally up to you to either sell or not. Only you know how you feel..kwim?

I had a hard week last week and probably will this week as well. I am suppose to be having our baby, but we buried her instead. Our baby girl died in utero at 20 weeks. It was hard because at the 16 week u/s everything was great. Anyhoo.. I bought a dress set and a cute .. I love Daddy onesis for her. I still have it as I can't stand to look at it to get rid of it. It is hid in a bag in our walk in closet. I know I will not use it for another baby as I am crazy and think they are jinxed. I will not give them away or sell them because of the same. I guess I will eventually throw them out. Yes.. I am crazy. I guess it helps me to THINK that I have some control over something dealing with the baby. I usually never buy anything until the 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. So that is why I think "I" jinxed it.

I really think that no matter what you decide.. it will be right for you and your family!

Oh mama, I am so sorry.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote