Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #41
ajcastle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question for mamas that fully vax...

My oldest son reacted to the CKN pox vax....he got a rash, but none of the others. I never did the tylenol before, just afterwards if they were uncomfortable.

Advertisement

Old 06-19-2007, 07:57 PM   #42
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

If you give tylenol while your child has the chickenpox (which they could get from the vaccine) it can actually do some serious damage. Just something to think about if you're getting that vaccine.
I'll see if I can dig up the link.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #43
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndunn View Post
If you give tylenol while your child has the chickenpox (which they could get from the vaccine) it can actually do some serious damage. Just something to think about if you're getting that vaccine.
I'll see if I can dig up the link.
Isn't it asprin that causes the problems?

I know this is a pro vax thread so I will not say anything about not vaxing. However, all of these fevers, abnormal crankiness, especially anyone who's child developed a rash, ARE ALL Reactions. A vaccination without a reaction means that the child was exactely the same after the shot (minus the first few minutes of pain from being stuck) if the child is different, fever, cranky, rash, hard knot, it IS a reaction regardless of how your doctor tries to play it off. By law these reactions should be reported to the Vaccine Adverse Effects Reporting Database. http://vaers.hhs.gov/ It is run by the US Department of Health and human Services. All reactions should be reported, they will then look into it and determine if they believe it was the vaccine or something else (many times a doctor may say the child had a cold coming on or something similar, according to VAERS that is their decision to make, not the doctors)

Done now. See, I am anti-vax for my family because I am the one to make the decisions for them. As for everyone else's decisions, i don't believe in bashing or belittling, just educating.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:59 PM   #44
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynmama View Post
Please don't judge me for this, but yes I do fully vax. For those mamas that do, do you give your LO tylenol before vaxing? I need some opinions, my sis is going to her DS's 4mo vax appt tomorrow. At his 2mo vax, he had a low grade fever for a day and was fussy as well. I never did so I am not much help. Her dr's office told her that they can administer it when she arrives, but I was thinking it should be taken like 1/2-hour before the appt. TIA for any input!
UPDATE: She did give him Tylenol when she got there. He ended up getting a low grade fever and fussy, but he's fine now. Thank you mamas for your input. I'll remember all this when DD goes to her appt next month.

just curious, since she had expressed concern about tylenol altering the immune system and I gave you links showing that she may be right did you pass them on to her?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:30 PM   #45
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes and she said she had a feeling that she was right about it not being good on the immune system. Her dr recommended it and she ended up giving him the Tylenol. My poor sis! She is a FT WOHM and her DF's grandma babysit's her DS. Did you get all that?! Anyway, she told her DF's grandma to give him Tylenol ONLY IF he had a fever. She ended up giving him Tylenol twice because he was fussy. She was upset, but didn't want to complain because she watches him for free. I felt so bad for her. And to the post about chicken pox and tylenol: It's aspirin that can cause Reye's syndrome from what I've read.

haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #46
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynmama View Post
Yes and she said she had a feeling that she was right about it not being good on the immune system. Her dr recommended it and she ended up giving him the Tylenol. My poor sis! She is a FT WOHM and her DF's grandma babysit's her DS. Did you get all that?! Anyway, she told her DF's grandma to give him Tylenol ONLY IF he had a fever. She ended up giving him Tylenol twice because he was fussy. She was upset, but didn't want to complain because she watches him for free. I felt so bad for her. And to the post about chicken pox and tylenol: It's aspirin that can cause Reye's syndrome from what I've read.

Thank you for passing it on That is hard, if it arises again can she try just leaving a dropper with the right amount in a baggie? only enough for one dose?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:41 AM   #47
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3girls View Post
Thank you for passing it on That is hard, if it arises again can she try just leaving a dropper with the right amount in a baggie? only enough for one dose?
Good advice. Isn't it Aspirin that is dangerous to take when you have chx pox? I had a childhood friend that died from Reye's syndrome after her parents gave her aspirin while she had the chicken pox.

haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:43 AM   #48
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

I thought it was asprin also.

ndunn, did you mean asprin or is there something about tylenol also?
Old 06-21-2007, 05:52 AM   #49
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

always.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote