Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #11
2babiesndiaps
Banned

Re: If you have Green Mountain Prefolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bug~ View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love how absorbant they are. But when you've got thighs like my DD, the thickness is a little much. When I use the short ones that I trimmed from premiums, I use the trimmed part as a doubler. B/c it's softer it seems to fit better. More narrow down the middle, IYKWIM. The rainbow shorts are so stiff that the middle part seems too wide for a fat-thighed baby.

Oh well. You live and learn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmom2three View Post
I love the rainbow prefolds, they still fit Eden very well. Your right though. They are the least quilty of all our prefolds.

I love ours. They aren't as quilted, but that's an appearance thing in my book. They work great and I don't have to mess with folding the top. I LOVE them!
And they fit my chubbers thighs (12 inches+ thats just where the diaper hits- more above that) quite well! We need the width to get them around her budha belly!

I find they are about as quilty as the Toddler pfs! I love GMD perfolds!

Advertisement

2babiesndiaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:30 PM   #12
ttrjpbc
Transaction Issues arising. Please file a cliam if you are waiting on items!!
seller

My Mood:

She has the heavy duty thick cotton twill prefolds that you can't get elsewhere....... these will last through many many more washes than the others, and hold MUCH more wetness

Her prefolds are seriously tops!
ttrjpbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 AM   #13
jenneonthespot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to chime in on this thread too. I think Karen has her prefolds custom made for her, hence the difference- customized, if you will- in fabric, length, and thicknesses. I too have some GMD prefolds, and other brands, and also find that some of my other brands retain their softness better. I must agree with some of the previous posters, though, you can't beat the absorbency of the GMD rainbows.

I suppose if I am asked to choose between quilty softness or absorbency, I will give up the quiltiness long before absorbency. We have heavy wetters with chunky things, too.

jenneonthespot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #14
arbeomorrow
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljennk View Post
I suppose if I am asked to choose between quilty softness or absorbency, I will give up the quiltiness long before absorbency.

I agree! Mine weren't quilty but I really preferred them because of the shortened rise. They are great!

Rebecca O.
arbeomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote