Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
MelissaCoffey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wool recommendations please

(nak, sorry for shortness)

I need utility, not show off wool. New babe is peeing through my sherpa fitteds, soaking her BSWW so I have to wash each use....does well with pockets/hemp inserts so am going to use hemp fitteds/wool at least for overnights. To use full time, what do I need? How many covers? What kind?

TIA

Melissa

Advertisement

Old 06-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
katzchen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool recommendations please

I'll be watching this thread, as I was wondering if two pairs of wool soakers is enough for night only use... (my ds rarely has a bm at night now...)
Old 06-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I recommend Aristocrats! They are great for nighttime, and no matter how much pee is underneath, I have never even felt dampness on the outside.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
adrocksmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would recommend knitted but I also love our Kiwi Pie covers.
adrocksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzchen View Post
I'll be watching this thread, as I was wondering if two pairs of wool soakers is enough for night only use... (my ds rarely has a bm at night now...)
I think it would be.

I love wool interlock, but I use it for cuteness as well as function. Interlock looks more like "normal" clothes.

Knitted wool does do an AMAZING job! I have NEVER had my DS soak through it. Even the time I put a pair of new longies on him before I lanolized them.

If you're just using them for night, I'd get two knit soakers/longies/or shorties. And as far as nighttime fitteds go, I'd definately recommend Baby Beehinds. We don't even put a cover on my son when he goes to bed in one! And if he needs one, I just throw a luxe pull-on over it and he's good to go!

I don't think I can be of any help for the day-time wool as we only use it when I feel like it. He never wears wool under clothes. I think it's too bulky. But I'm picky. I prefer bumkins w/ flats when he's wearig clothes.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaJoy View Post
I recommend Aristocrats! They are great for nighttime, and no matter how much pee is underneath, I have never even felt dampness on the outside.
I second Aristocrat Wool Soakers! They are very basic in looks, but are EXCELLENT soakers!! I will probably be getting one if we switch to fitteds/pfs as I have personally used those and love them. I had actually used them wrong. DS leaked completely out of the legs of his diaper and the Aristocrat caught EVERYTHING! The inside was "moist" but we had puddles on the diaper.
I love buying pretty things so that is why I haven't gotten any more. I sold my NIP one because I thought we were only going to do pockets and aios.

You really can't go wrong with an Aristocrat! I do like Wild Child Woolies too, but I have never used them at night. I will be purchasing an Aristocrat Wool Cover though for nighttime with special fitteds/pfs that I think need extra help. OR when ds starts sleeping through the night.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes okay?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
MaggieSqrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Knit or crocheted Peace Fleece yarn is awesome for super-soakers and night-time use

"Learn to Dye Wool Yarn Kit" and undyed yarn available, too!
MaggieSqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #8
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

I completely agree with wool interlock for overnight. Actually I highly highly highly recommend Angela at Wild Child Woolies. Her soakers have extra layers in your "wet zone" that prevent leaking. I've ordered from her a few times and been VERY pleased with not only her customer service but her craftmanship and shipping time. It's functional AND gorgeous! Actually, case in point:
I just emailed her about 30 minutes ago BEGGING for a soaker for my daughter after being scammed by a wahm. I was desperate since my daughter only has one soaker for nighttime and we really need another. She responded within 10 minutes and sent me a pic of an instock soaker in girly colors in the size I needed. I paypal'ed her and it's already in the mail. This is why I'll never go with another wahm. I LOVE ANGELA! Seriously, she's my superhero mommy!

I think for full-time covers, I'd go with 4-6 for a newborn to 3 months and then around a year or so I'd go down to 4 and now at 2 1/2 we are getting by with 3 including what we just ordered from wcw. But 4 is best. Wool is better than PUL because it absorbs a lot before feeling wet or leaking. And it needs to be handwashed but not even once a week for heavy use so it's easier than PUL in my opinion. With summer heat here, they dry in like 3 hours or less. And it's way more breathable so less diaper rash. My upcoming arrival will be in prefolds and wool nearly 100% of the time because I just love it so much.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
hollyjo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
I LOVE ANGELA! Seriously, she's my superhero mommy!
Seriously! She's AWESOME to work with! Through an email convo I was able to get an instock and a custom going PROMPTLY, and she's so nice to boot. I already have one WCW product here at home that we use all the time. Loved it so much I had to get 2 more.
hollyjo is offline   Reply With Quote