Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
MrsFloor
Registered Users

Is PUL Machine Washable?

If you use a PUL cover over your cloth diapers like a Prorap--do you change the cover with every diaper change? If so--do you wash the covers in the machine? How does PUL hold up to repeated washing?

Advertisement

MrsFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
momeeboys
Registered Users

Re: Is PUL Machine Washable?

I don't have a whole lot of experience, but unless the diaper is very saturated, I'll reuse the cover. And my PUL goes in the machine and washes very well. I usually hang dry the covers/pockets. Although Bummis (not sure if it's made of PUL or something else) says you can machine dry theirs.
momeeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFloor
If you use a PUL cover over your cloth diapers like a Prorap--do you change the cover with every diaper change? If so--do you wash the covers in the machine? How does PUL hold up to repeated washing?
I don't change a cover w/each change. I swap out between two all day. I just air dry one while the other is on the bum. I only wash when stinky or pood on. Yes, machine washable. I don't personally wash my covers w/hot w/the dipes (after learning this can wear them out faster in some cases). I wash them w/my clothes.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
Shealaine
Registered Users

I wash my PUL with my dipes. All of it together in a hot rinse- and once in a while a hot dry.

I usually rotate a few covers in a day. Something like 3 or so. I wash them if they get dirty or if they feel kinda wet.
Shealaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #5
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I dont use PUL covers, but I have a ton of pockets and the PUL holds up just fine.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #6
ltelly00
Registered Users

I alwasy machine wash and dry my PUL with everything else~! The only thing that gets special treatment is my wool!
ltelly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:13 AM   #7
jodi5
Registered Users

I use the same pul cover all day unless it gets saturated or poopy. At the end of the day, it goes in the pail for washing. I wash my covers separately in warm water. I hang dry mostly but do dry them in the dryer every so often to keep everything sealed.
jodi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:21 AM   #8
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

great question, i havent gotten my PUL yet but i'd like to know before i mess with mine..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #9
rawkstarwife
Registered Users

Unless the diaper was soaked and got the cover really wet, I'll just re-use the cover all day. If it's still in good shape at the end of the day, I might use it again the next day, but I usually switch to my other cover for the next day. I keep them on the back of the toilet outside of my diaper pail so they don't sit in wetness waiting for wash day. Then I just throw them in the machine with the diapers.
rawkstarwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:27 PM   #10
roseselene
Registered Users

I agree that unless the cover is really wet, you can reuse it throughout the day. You can rotate a couple throughout the day so that they can air out. And, yes PUL is washable and you can dry it as well. Sometimes we hang dry ours, sometimes we machine dry.
Amy