Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #21
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:
Re: How big was your DC at 12-13 months?

Hi Molly! I am sure your ds is normal and just on the more small side! I am sure your ped will check him out thoroughly though!

Our ds Ashwin was 27 lbs at one year - and he is still bf about4-5 times/day along with solids which we started around 10 mths regularly (1 meals or so a day before that) so I always get the "wow, he is huge!" He was 8.15 at birth...He now wears at minimum a 2T or better!

Tara

Advertisement

Last edited by Ashwin'sMommy; 06-19-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Ashwin'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #22
*mama~
Registered Users

Ds will be 12m in 2 weeks. He currently weighs in at 19.5 lbs. He received almost all breast milk until he was 10m. He had almost fallen off the weight charts at his 9m check up - took me a month to get over it. I started supplementing formula at 10m and at 11m we went to all formula. He is back where he should be and is on track to triple his weight. (6#9oz @ birth). I've been told that three BF per day is not enough to really maintain supply. I think that is why he went off the charts - he never lost weight but didn't gain either.
*mama~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #23
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kearnan (my oldest) was only 17lbs at 1yr. He fell off the charts right around then. He was still bf'd, almost exculsively, he never took well to solids. He had alot of problems starting out with reflux, and then he never grew really well. He was in the 50th for about 6 months and then fell steadily. Today he is almost 6 and only weighs about 35lbs. HE is a little guy. He has even more problems now with feeding issues because of his intestinal problems and sensory issues. We are just happy that he eats and has put a tiny bit of weight on in the past year. He no longer looks like he is starving to death.

Tharen is just the oposite. He was about 24lbs at 1yr. He is a total eating machine. He was and is still bfing strong, but he is also a big solids fan. He will eat almost anything, and most of it is quite healthy. He is at about the 50th % for weight and height, down from as high as 90%. His head is still in the 75% though. He is a tank of a child. Both of my boys were exclusively breastfed till at least 9 months, sampling solids starting around 7 or 8 months but not really getting into them until after the 9 month mark. They are total polar opposites when it comes to almost everything. Kearnan has always been a tiny thing and Tharen has always been big. It's just the way they are.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #24
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
Kearnan (my oldest) was only 17lbs at 1yr. He fell off the charts right around then. He was still bf'd, almost exculsively, he never took well to solids. He had alot of problems starting out with reflux, and then he never grew really well. He was in the 50th for about 6 months and then fell steadily. Today he is almost 6 and only weighs about 35lbs. HE is a little guy. He has even more problems now with feeding issues because of his intestinal problems and sensory issues. We are just happy that he eats and has put a tiny bit of weight on in the past year. He no longer looks like he is starving to death.

Tharen is just the oposite. He was about 24lbs at 1yr. He is a total eating machine. He was and is still bfing strong, but he is also a big solids fan. He will eat almost anything, and most of it is quite healthy. He is at about the 50th % for weight and height, down from as high as 90%. His head is still in the 75% though. He is a tank of a child. Both of my boys were exclusively breastfed till at least 9 months, sampling solids starting around 7 or 8 months but not really getting into them until after the 9 month mark. They are total polar opposites when it comes to almost everything. Kearnan has always been a tiny thing and Tharen has always been big. It's just the way they are.

Isn't it so strange the way two kiddos from the same parents can be so different? That has always fascinated me. Thanks for sharing w/ me... this makes me feel better. Maybe next baby will be rolly polly and have those cute little dimples in their hands.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #25
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I had to go grab baby books to check my daughters but here ya go..

First DD was 9.6 at birth and at 1 year was weaned and was 35 inches tall and 28lbs 8 oz she looked tall and thin though but had chubby cheeks.

DD #2 was 8.6 at birth and I have an 11 month check up here that says she was 30 inches tall and 20lbs 14 1/2 oz (REALLY odd though cause she was way,way,way chubbier looking than my first DD and my son..had several chins and huge legs with lotsa rolls!!) She was still nursing at 1 year.She is proof that muscle weighs more than fat LOL.

DS was 10.14 at birth and is still nursing as well as eating food he is 13 months 33+ inches tall and 25.7 to me he looks like a long, thin string bean..He has needed 12-18 stuff a long time but for LENGTH only not because he actually fills them out width wise.(A nice fat cloth diaper sometimes helps him fill things out better)

Don't worry unless you think something really may be wrong..It might not be a bad idea to get a second doctor to look at him if you are really worried. I know food allergies can cause a decline in weight or make it to where a child doesn't gain well.. If he seems healthy though and is on track devlopmentally wise in other areas I wouldn't worry to much (I say this but I would probably do just like you and compare to other babies in the church nursery.. I know I do this with my son as some kids are HUGE next to him and they are his age)

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 PM   #26
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd was 21lbs at 1 year she was breastfed. She was 6lbs12oz at birth
Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 PM   #27
kimsclothkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS 1 was 18 lbs at one year old. He is still skinny. he weighs 27 lbs and is not quite 3. My DS2 weighed 22 lbs at one year!! Skinny kids are great! It just means that it is comfy longer when we wear them!!
WOHM to NoahJacoband MeganLoving wife to my #1 man, Aaron I have a one of a kind family and a one of a kind life and I'm loving every minute of it!
kimsclothkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #28
Leximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my dd was about 18 lbs and was in between 9-12 and 12 month pants and that was with prefolds and bummis (read: bulky!!!) she chunked up though on regular food though. She turned 2 today and is about 27 lbs!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #29
Sue2U
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd is turned 2 a couple of weeks ago and weighs 22 lbs. She was 15 lbs. at 12 months. She is just as active and healthy as can be, just tiny. She was a preemie but was 6 lbs. 2 0z. at 6 weeks early.

My older dd was 10 lbs. 12 oz. at birth and turned 6 on the 15th of this month and weighs 46 lbs.

My son will be 4 on the 24th of this month and weighs 34 lbs. and was 8 lbs. 2 oz. at birth.

I def. know how you feel with kiddos being on the low end of the chart. They eat like horses and haven't even made the charts since birth
Old 06-20-2007, 05:32 AM   #30
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is 23 lbs @ 12mo and DS was 20lbs @ 12mo. DS was EBF for 6mo and DD was only EBF for 2mo.
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote