Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: vaxing or delayed vaxing ?'s

We chose not to vax our children because of all the reasons pp have stated. Our ds was vaxd until he was 1 year, then none after that. The girls were vaxed at 2 months, and I watched Amelia's little scrawny leg (she was barely 5 lbs) swell up to the size of a golf ball, I said no more after that.

Also, my dh is deathly allergic to the tetanus diphtheria vaccine. They gave him one tenth of a cc when we was 10 or so and his whole arm swelled up to be bigger than a basketball. Our first ped said not to worry with our dc, but everything I have read after that says if there is a family reaction to any vaccines not to give them. Not a risk I am willing to take with my children.

Sarah wifey to Tanner since 12/2/02
Aidan 9/05 Addison and Amelia 10/06 Hudson 5/08
Bronwyn 11/11/2009
momto3under2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I delay, mostly all the reasons are listed....but the thing that especially gets me is they warn us not to expose our newborns to people with colds, then inject them with hepB to "build" the immune system day 1? Hmmmm....doesn't add up!

One book I liked was Aviva Romm's VACCINATIONS:A thoughtful Paren'ts Guide. It won't make the decision for you, but gives both sides of the issue very thoroughly.
mom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:29 AM   #13

Thank you everyone for all the info. I am going to research the sticky to find out more.
Hi, I'm Heather
Single Mom to Tabitha- 14, Caleb- 10, Abigail- 6, Lily Kate- 4, and Asher- 2

luvmykiddoes is offline   Reply With Quote