Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Soooo frustrated!

Ever since ds was about 2.5 months old, I have not found anything to keep up with his nighttime wetting - not even sposies! It takes us THREE sposies to make it through the night, 2 if I'm super careful.

So I had Leo Baby Mighty(ier) Nighty inserts recommended to me by quite a few people, so I bought a couple with a promise to dh that I wouldn't buy any more sposies (he didn't want me spending the money on the inserts ).

Well, I'm 1 for 3 as far as making it through the night in one. The 2 nights that he leaked, though, he didn't saok through the insert - I think that the insert is so big and bulky that the diaper isn't going on tight enough, and he's peeing right out the top (he's a tummy sleeper). I'm so frustrated!! Any wisdom/advice? Is it the diaper I'm using (bG OS)?? I only have one kind of dipe, so I'd hate for it to be that...Help!!

Advertisement

Last edited by Mom2Gray; 06-20-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Mom2Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
MichaelsMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Soooo frustrated!

I really think I would try a different diaper. WE use a fuzzibunz with 3 hemp soakers and it's now time to move to 4 soakers. On days when I know he had alot to drink before bed I'll throw a prefold in there too and that works really good only it's soooooo bulky. I hope someone can help you!
Jillian , loving wife to Michael (lll), mommy to Michael (lV) , Brianna and expecting #3 in September
MichaelsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
Joleen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think the BGs are awesome, however, ive never experienced such a heavy wetter, yknow? have you tried hemp inserts? happy heinys makes some great inserts- the stuffins. i like these because you add extra ovals, not like a whole extra insert.
also, is it possible the diapers need to be stripped? (any kind of build up or ammonia smell?)
Old 06-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
baconbitz
Registered Users

Have you tried a wool cover?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
aundy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

have you tried a bigger size for night time ... i have heavy wetters and tummy sleepers too

this is our night time dipe

a cover either wool shorties or a bumkins cover
a fitted
a doubler
a microfiber towel trifolded
a second doubler
a fleece liner

this works for my almost 19 mos old super soaker he is wet through and through in the am but not dripping and no leaks ... now i do have to use a larger size cover than he normally wears to fit it over all of the doublers

what size is your LO in???
Old 06-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's a link to a recent post on this topic:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=169657
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joleen View Post
i think the BGs are awesome, however, ive never experienced such a heavy wetter, yknow? have you tried hemp inserts? happy heinys makes some great inserts- the stuffins. i like these because you add extra ovals, not like a whole extra insert.
also, is it possible the diapers need to be stripped? (any kind of build up or ammonia smell?)
My diapers are good - the only problem we have had is these past couple nights when trying out the Mighty Nighties.
Also, dh would have a fit if I told him I needed to buy MORE new inserts...we CD to save money, we're pretty strapped when it comes to buying little extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbitz View Post
Have you tried a wool cover?
No - we only have bG pockets - and new dipes really aren't in the budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aundy View Post
have you tried a bigger size for night time ... i have heavy wetters and tummy sleepers too

this is our night time dipe

a cover either wool shorties or a bumkins cover
a fitted
a doubler
a microfiber towel trifolded
a second doubler
a fleece liner

this works for my almost 19 mos old super soaker he is wet through and through in the am but not dripping and no leaks ... now i do have to use a larger size cover than he normally wears to fit it over all of the doublers

what size is your LO in???
They are bG one size - usually he's on the middle setting, but with the Mighty Nighties, they have to be on the larges setting because the inserts are so long. Before we got these inserts, I was using a cotton babies OS insert, with 3 MF doublers, and that wasn't even getting us through half the night!!!

I appreciate all your suggestions, mamas...I just am working with limited diaper-funds, KWIM?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a heavy wetter. the only way I /we can make it through the night relatively dry is with him wearing a medium fuzzibunz stuffed with a humongous hemp prefold backed with microfiber. Then, over that he wears an interlock soaker. works like a charm.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:24 PM   #9
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are bG one size - usually he's on the middle setting, but with the Mighty Nighties, they have to be on the larges setting because the inserts are so long. Before we got these inserts, I was using a cotton babies OS insert, with 3 MF doublers, and that wasn't even getting us through half the night!!!

FYI - during the day for normal changes, I'd use 2 OS inserts. The doublers are WAY not enough for overnight. I would try 2 or 3 of the OS inserts WRAPPED in a prefold. Yes, he won't be able to close his legs BUT he will be dry.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FYI - during the day for normal changes, I'd use 2 OS inserts. The doublers are WAY not enough for overnight. I would try 2 or 3 of the OS inserts WRAPPED in a prefold. Yes, he won't be able to close his legs BUT he will be dry.
\

See - in the daytime, it takes him foreeeever to soak ONE OS insert - it's like he saves all his pee for nighttime!!! I will have to try multiple OS inserts....why didn't I think of that. Now I feel like a dummy. I don't even know how to buy prefolds - past my bG's, I'm mostly a CD moron. Any suggestions??

By the way, he DEFINITELY can't close his legs with the Mighty Nighties anyway, so no big deal!!