Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #1
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do I have enough Dipes for the new baby? Spam!

I have 10 small FBs and 14 med FBs. The Kid was 8 lbs 10 oz when he was born and had more than doubled his birthweight by the time he was 4 months old. I expect The Nugget to be around the same weight as well since there have never been any really small babies born in my family (I was the smallest at 7 lbs and change). Should I get more dipes to get through the first few months? I'm ordering a couple custom diaper covers and will have to get some prefolds to go with that, but should I buy more than one or two prefolds? I've never used them before, only FBs, AIOs, and similar WAHM dipes so I'm not sure if prefolds are the way to go for me.......SPAM me please! Should I buy newborn dipes? What does an ideal stash look like? The Kid will be two when this one comes so I don't expect him to be potty trained. I'm pretty sure that I'll need more medium dipes but I'm not sure on the small ones. Should I buy the dipes that have the space for the umbilical cord? Also, if I put the disposable liners on the baby's dipes for the first few days (until the meconium comes) will that help against staining? I only started CDing when The Kid was 18-19 months so I've no idea about newborns. All I remember was that I didn't have to change his diaper during the night since he would never poop and would barely pee while he was sleeping (would only pee when he had a lot to drink at night).

Right now I'm doing laundry every other day and would like to keep it that way (although I don't think I'll mind doing it daily for the first few days).

Advertisement

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Do I have enough Dipes for the new baby? Spam!

If FB are what you like than I think I would get somne XS because small FB were too big on my ds3 who was 8lbs 4oz at birth. They didn't start fitting him till he was about 2 1/2 months old.

I would think that PFs would be a good way to go because newborn need to be changed so often. I would probably get a dz or so PFs and like 4-5 covers for the beginning if you don't want to invest in XS FB.

HTH.
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, so if I get a dozen prefolds I would only need 4-5 covers? I don't have to change these when I change the dipes? Also, what is best to hold PFs, snappis or pins? And how many of those do I need? I know absolutely nothing about prefolds so any help is appreciated. which ones are better? the chinese or indian?
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
Old 06-20-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
mommy2alisa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How about some one size bumgenius pockets?
mommy2alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hm......how many dipes total do you ladies think I would need for a newborn?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

My DS is a month and a half and is just now fitting into small FBs. I have heard that the Xsmall FBs only fit the first couple of weeks and are not worth the money spent. Right now he has 16 diapers [ Fbs, Sbs & BG OS ], and that lasts us one full day. So depending on how often you want to wash, I would get a few more!

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote