Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
CamoMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face Teach them to walk, they jump off cliffs...

Ok, as if having my hubby away for the week while the 8mo is trying to walk wasn't enough stress, my teens had to go "swimming" today and bring me home THESE video clips (my oldest is the one in the second vid wearing the blue shorts):

I need valium.

Advertisement

Last edited by CamoMom; 06-20-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: fixed link......going to bed now!
CamoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Teach them to walk, they jump off cliffs...

Oh I remember doing that when I was a teenager (not too long ago), however I never told my parents. Scary for you mama.

BTW: both videos are the same.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep. I did it too. I REALLY hope my kids don't but I'm sure they will. LOL. If they take after their mom, that is.

My mom was the biggest scaredy cat and my dad was a daredevil. I had a bit too much of dad in me.

Just keep prayin' for them.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
CamoMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess that was one thing that growing up in Florida really kept me "grounded" from doing! I've never been much of a daredevil, tho....they MUST have gotten that from their dad! I think my fear is that he's going to come home Friday, see the video and go, "Hey that's awesome, where is it, I wanna try!"

I'm trying in my best Mom voice to be stern about safety but still let them have their fun. Praying, I'll be doing TONS of that.

Fixed the links, finally. Silly puter was giving me fits about copying and pasting!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #5
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW crazy kids is all I have to say I didnt do that kind of stuff, but Im not that type (Im a chicken Sh!t when it comes to heights)
Old 06-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And I thought this was bad! I don't know if I can handle the teenage years!!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
Oh I remember doing that when I was a teenager (not too long ago), however I never told my parents. Scary for you mama.

BTW: both videos are the same.

Well at least he told you about it, instead of not telling like some crazy kids. Just kidding! At least he feels comfortable enough to show you his fun and he's doing harmless(sorta) things like jumping off cliffs (never thought I'd say that!) instead of drugs! That's a bright spot! But yeah, I'd need a valium too. Definitely lecture on safety mama. You raised a good boy!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #8
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
Well at least he told you about it, instead of not telling like some crazy kids. Just kidding! At least he feels comfortable enough to show you his fun and he's doing harmless(sorta) things like jumping off cliffs (never thought I'd say that!) instead of drugs! That's a bright spot! But yeah, I'd need a valium too. Definitely lecture on safety mama. You raised a good boy!
I couldn't even climb the sapling in the front yard without her going nuts. She would have a had a stroke, surely, if she knew we were cliff-jumping.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:26 PM   #9
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL! I did something similar when I was in high school. If my parents had known though I would have never been allowed out of their site again. I'd probably die if my kids do those kinds of things someday, but I bet they will since my daughter already thinks it is fun to jump from one piece of furniture to the next and to climb almost anything within her reach.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:19 AM   #10
CamoMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
My kids seem to relish the thought of scaring Mom half to death...a little not-so-pleasant trait they picked up from their dad, I'm afraid. But considering the trouble the two of them have gotten themselves into lately (taking off on the train to go wandering in a town 45 minutes away without ASKING is most certainly NOT cool), this was almost tame. It's going to give Grandma a heart attack tho, they've both already told me to forward the vid clip link to her, and they want to be on the phone when she sees it.