Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #11
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Its really hard to be a good parent

I didn't expose him, but Jack got CP at 12.5 months and it was a BREEZE! Teething is about 100 times worse for him. Don't feel bad. Chicken Pox are better than the vaccine 99% of the time!

It's easier not to know and just go with what everyone else says is right. But you are TRYING to do right by your child, that's what makes you a good mom.

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #12
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:

My ds1 had the vaccine at 12 mos, and chicken pox at 15 mos. It was not very effective. I have never had cp and have been exposed a total of 5 times...Don't feel bad! Just get the calamine lotion and aveeno oatmeal bath ready!
mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #13
Spitcairn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just recently talked with my pediatrian about this! She said that they could "in a controlled environment" expose my kids to cp so that they could have it and I not have to worry about getting vaxes. I though this was cool! Maybe yours could do this too?
Spitcairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #14
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Oh I know the vaccine is only partially effective . Thatís exactly why I wanted her exposed.

Personally, I think chicken pox (CP) is a benign illness in a healthy child. If she got to adulthood or had other chronic health issues, I think the risk/benefit ratio to the vaccine vs the illness can change dramatically.

And, as my pedi said, I do NOT want to vax now only to have her develop CP as a young adult potentially pregnant etc.

But still, its like any other decision you think long/hard about as a parent; its nerve wracking. I think often ignorance IS Bliss!
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:09 PM   #15
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Don't feel bad......there were days when people would have CP parties and also Measle Parties too!!!

Last edited by mom2kdmb; 06-22-2007 at 08:01 PM.
mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:24 PM   #16
mommyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranbabyjayden View Post
I'm hoping to expose my kid when he is alittle bigger to CP, so I dont get him vaxed later in life.. We dont do vaxes but I feel as if he does not get it before he is 10 I will get him vaxed so later when he is older he wont have a chance of getting it worse... I'd rather him get it young...

Gesh but around here you never hear of ANYONE having them!

Just remember, they are saying it only has an effective life of about 8-10 years in many cases, so people will need CP boosters every 10 years just like they should get tetnus boosters.

My huge worry is that because of this push to vax for CP and the 10 year life span of the vax, we will see an epidemic of CP in adults in 30 years. I mean really, how many of you remembere to get a tetnus booster every 10 years? (unless you go to the ER for something and they give it to you)

Last edited by mommyto3girls; 06-21-2007 at 06:26 PM.
mommyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote