Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

Its really hard to be a good parent

Please dont turn this into a debate pro/against vax....

I deliberately exposed dd to CP on Tue. She's 20mo (today) and at 2 her dc will require the vaccine.

Its not a decision taken lightly. We weighted the pros/cons extensively. But, its still really scary and I'm wracked w/guilt (just like I'm wracked w/guilt when I give vax since we do give most vax )

It'd be so much easier to just sit back and do whatever the 'norm' is w/o thinking about it.

Advertisement

Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Its really hard to be a good parent

I don't want to sound dumb...but what is CP?
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #3
hookitup
Banned
seller

My Mood:

((HUGS)) I know exactly where you are coming from. Sometimes it would just be so easy to let everyone else decide what they think is best..

We are traveling out of the country and I have selectively vaxed. I am sure we are gonna have to be up to date before we go, and that wracks me with guilt.. I mean why did I hold off, only to have someone tell me I HAVE to anyways...:sigh:
hookitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
I don't want to sound dumb...but what is CP?
Chicken Pox
Old 06-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #5
kazmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

CP= chicken Pox....right?

Our boys both had CP at the babyhome they were in so we never got them that vax, hey its much, much better for her to have it now then when she gets older & they could be much worse, my brother & I had them when we were little, its nice to be able to actually get them & then your done.

I always feel guilty about something, I think at least I really care about my babies, I'd rather feel guilty then not...if that makes sense. Here's a for you.

ISO: GN babylegs
kazmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #6
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

I'm hoping to expose my kid when he is alittle bigger to CP, so I dont get him vaxed later in life.. We dont do vaxes but I feel as if he does not get it before he is 10 I will get him vaxed so later when he is older he wont have a chance of getting it worse... I'd rather him get it young...

Gesh but around here you never hear of ANYONE having them!
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #7
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

D'oh!
I would much rather have the kids get it while they're young and can't remember that much anyways than have them get it when they're older. My stepdaughter had it when she was 4-5 and she actually gave it to my husband who'd never had it before (but who'd been vaccined against it). Of course he got extremely sick off it.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #8
rwooley
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Here is the thing with the CP vaccine, It will NOT keep your child from getting it. We have had several cases in out clinic the last 2 weeks and more triage phone calls, for kiddos that have had the vaccine. It only makes the breakout shorter and less. There are all types of home remedies and OTC meds to help with itch relief and I would be happy togive you any advice if she comes down with it. Just pm me with question
rwooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #9
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Each to their own. Everyone needs to do the best they can and not stress over the choices they make for their family! You are not a bad parent!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #10
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:

I also exposed my kids to CP. All four got it and unfortunately DH did, too (he did get it worse but not as bad as "OMG, it's soooo dangerous to get it as an adult!"). Now it's over, everyone's fine and it's such a load off my shoulders! I understand the whole feeling guilty thing (feel bad for doing something but feel bad NOT doing it). And sometimes I think ignorance is bliss, too. You can find a wealth of info. for both sides of everything so how do you ever really make and "informed" decision?

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote