Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #1
monkeylove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ever had wicking problems with your Snap Ez

OK, lemme say I just loved the snap ez in smalls so I bought a number of Med SEZ's...but I have not been having a great deal of success with the med or the chubby med(these just don't fit yet) PUL's...they seem to be wicking everytime I put them on. Yet, I am still hopeful and they seem to fit my son wonderfully, so what could be the problem here? If it were just one dipe I could understand...or even the material but the suedecloth and fleece inners have both done it? Do you think my son is too small for them and I put him in the meds prematurely? Of course, the fleece pockets are wonderful and I just like SEZ too much to give up yet....so please help.

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 PM   #2
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ever had wicking problems with your Snap Ez

Where are they leaking from? Typically if they're still too big, then there will be some sort of gapping in the legs or someplace allowing the leaks. I have never had a Snap-EZ leak before (and we own quite a few of them.) Are they all solid PUL or do you have some prints, also? Could there be build-up in them? Did you buy them used?? You might try stripping them if build-up is the issue.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #3
raceNzanesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How wet are your inserts? Do your inserts fill from side to side? Have you poured water on the dipe, with insert inside, to see if the fleece/sc is repelling? Have they been dried on hot? They need to be to seal the stitching. Can you see gaps in the legs/back? Have you checked Ruth's FAQ? Or contacted her if all else has failed?

The only time I've ever had leaks, from any solid pocket, was when it didn't have an insert that filled side to side, the insert was soaked, it needed to be dried on hot, or the fleece/sc was repelling.

I have also found with hemp inserts and a boy that the insert, any brand, has a very difficult time pulling the pee clear to the back. The front- pee zone- ends up soaked and yet it hasn't pulled the pee all the way to the back. Wrapping the hemp in a MT towel, or adding a MT insert to the top, has helped pull the wetness in quickly and pull it back farther. Zane isn't a super soaker so it's not usually necessary during the day. If I use a JB insert, which is pretty narrow in the crotch and doesn't fill side to side, then I wrap in a MT to add material side to side.

HTH! I LOVE SEZ! Hope you can get those mediums working right.

CPS Tech to all- Need car seat/booster help? EMAIL me.
raceNzanesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
monkeylove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Ladies,
I'm going to make these work, they fit my son so well...I bought most of these new so I think the advice about the inserts is helpful. I am very hopeful, I just really loved these dipes in Smalls...they were my fave!
Old 06-24-2006, 11:31 PM   #5
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey there...I can't provide advice. I have a snap ez that wicks. It is a print pul and it wicks thru the middle part of the dipe. I have spray waterproofed it and it helped. I have a heavy heavy wetter so he is the tester of all dipes LOL.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:16 AM   #6
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I had trouble about a month ago. For us it was several things. The inserts had to be wrapped in MF! I also really had to cook my diapers in the drier. I think I ended up with 45 minutes on high heat and changed the inserts I was using. I can't use a JB unless it is topped with a cotton babies or wrapped. The speed at which he pees is the issue, not the quantity. For me it wasn't repeling, but Ruth told me to wash the diapers all in hot water with a small squirt of dawn, then wash again in hot, then a cold rinse. Then dry on high heat. I did this, and then the new insert combo and haven't had leaks since. I don't have any 50/50 prints though.... I also think fit is key. But mine were leaking through the PUL, so I knew that wasn't it. PM me if you need more help. Ruth was wonderful too in solving it with me.

I hate leaks! No fun. Good luck!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:18 AM   #7
gr33nie
Registered Users
seller

I tried to use a couple of smalls when DS was about 8 lbs and they leaked. (but so did everything except for small FB at that point) I sold them off right away and I'm thinking that his legs just weren't plump enough yet.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:18 AM   #8
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and I just discovered that Wonder-fulls micro fiber inserts with both pieces are a full proof combo with SEZ! I mean, naps, outings....whatever! For a boy anyway....

http://www.babycottonbottoms.com/

Erin has them on her web site and they are on sale through today. I bought more after selling them LOL..... who knew..