Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:54 AM   #31
elusion
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: DS running slow for anyone but me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkwrm69 View Post
I just downloaded Firefox, and DS is stiiiillllll sllllloooowwww. It seems to be only Diaperswappers that is slow - any other website is loading fast as usual. I dunno why, but firefox didn't work for me. I'm gonna uninstall it now.
Did you get Ad Block Plus? It seems without it, its still slow, no matter the browser

Advertisement

elusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:38 AM   #32
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

It IS DS that is slow. Downloading anything isn't going to change that unfortunately. I have noticed that this goes in spurts. Like some ppl experience it while others don't..then later it is switched. A couple of weeks ago I could not log on to DS all day long! I was even getting email notices of PMs, but "I" couldn't even get logged on.

Hopefully this will resolve itself soon. I am easily frustrated too and I was going to throw the laptop out of the door, but dh wouldn't let him. It is brand new so...

Anyway.. just saying that I can relate!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:23 AM   #33
GraemesMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab View Post
And WHY isnt anyone who KNOWS anything TELLING us what is going on?!?!?!?!?!

Help please?
Are we going to have to keep dis-enabling Java every time we get on?
Old 06-23-2007, 06:39 AM   #34
momma2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's been so slow for me too these last couple of days. It's been driving me freakin' nuts! My daughter hasn't slept more than 2 hours these last 2 nights and I"m going insane!! Who am I supposed to vent to now????

Is it Java that gives it problems then? Because my computer had a Java update like 2 days ago and now diaperswappers is so slow! Maybe that is the problem? I dunno. Fix it someone! Please!
Old 06-23-2007, 06:52 AM   #35
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusion View Post
Did you get Ad Block Plus? It seems without it, its still slow, no matter the browser
I just downloaded it and now DS is working great and I didn't have to disable java. So it must be all the stinking ads slowing it down.
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #36
Being Molded
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperingMama View Post
It IS DS that is slow. Downloading anything isn't going to change that unfortunately. I have noticed that this goes in spurts. Like some ppl experience it while others don't..then later it is switched. A couple of weeks ago I could not log on to DS all day long! I was even getting email notices of PMs, but "I" couldn't even get logged on.

Hopefully this will resolve itself soon. I am easily frustrated too and I was going to throw the laptop out of the door, but dh wouldn't let him. It is brand new so...

Anyway.. just saying that I can relate!
I have been having problems for DAYS! It's a pain when you HAVE to get on to reply to pm's etc. Otherwise I've just been staying away. Seriously, I can click on a page here, then go open another screen and flip through a dozen sites, check the weather, read the news, answer a couple emails, then come back only to see it's STILL not loaded

I'm the older half of Adventure Knits, and Mama to our newest AK knitter, Paige!
Being Molded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:21 AM   #37
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeap, day 2 of slow crap here....surely downloading a new browser and ad blocker isn't the ONLY answer?? I'm browsing every other site perfect. I use Opera with ad blockers, not IE or Netscape or anything. Surely there's another solution!! Maybe this will post in about half an hour..but I won't know! I'll be stuck loading for the next week.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:23 AM   #38
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Angry Re: DS running slow for anyone but me

One of these new little things has slowed everything down- I would gladly trade the emotion icon and all these crappy ads for DS to work properly again!
It's funny that they went to all that effort to get the post count up with that contest and this will probably make that all even- we can't even use DS!!!!!!
How many times can we post when it takes like 10 minutes for one stinkin post! We are busy mommies- we need our 5 minute DS fixes to be worthwhile!
I haven't been on a fraction as much and I usually have 2 windows open so they can both be loading. I tried my DSL direct connection instead of IE, and disable java too and it didn't make any difference.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LA RN and Mom to J '00, S '03, P '05 (CLW at 37 months), G '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & M '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:25 AM   #39
Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is the start of the 3rd day for me! This is the only thing I am having problems with (computer wise) What's to do? I am powerless over people places and things...God must be reminding me that I am not calling the shots-life lessons-UGH!!!
Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #40
she2dancer
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusion View Post
haha seriously, go download firefox and Ad Block Plus (google for both if you cant find them) and life is peachy

I didnt believe it until I tried it myself.. but one of my friends has been telling me all day DS was fine for her and I gave in and tried it
OMG! This was p*#&$ing me off! I went and downloaded Ad Blocker Plus and no more lag - at all...DS is loading super quick now!

Go try it mamas! It is all those ads that are slowing the loading of the pages down!