Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Opinions on 'My Precious Baby By April'

Hi! What do people think of her diapers? Do you have any? What style? What do you like or dislike?

Thanks!!

Advertisement

clarinetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opinions on 'My Precious Baby By April'

I'm heading to bed so hopefully someone can give me a hand with this They sound nice....
I know some people have used them because I've seen them on FSOT but never tried them myself!
Thanks in advance for the help
Old 06-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I've had her diapers and covers and they're awesome. Very well made and very reasonably priced. April is great to work with.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
tawnia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought an adorable Tigger outfit for my little guy! I can't seem to get my computer to post pictures right now, but trust me, it's cute, and very nicely made!
Old 06-23-2007, 12:18 AM   #5
mommaliberal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs up Re: Opinions on 'My Precious Baby By April'

I got two covers from a diaper swap. I really like them. Very quality work.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:38 AM   #6
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

April is AWESOME!! I personally like her fitteds better than any fitted diaper that I have tried so far. They are also a lot more affordable. I have a super soaker and they work pretty well.
I have had her pul pockets, fitted, and a painted Elmo cover. They are cute, affordable, and work just as well as other pul pockets. I am trying to switch to wool/covers and fitteds so I will be ordering more from her soon.
She is also a very sweet mama and will work with you. I would highly recommend her.

I did notice that she has some fabric pockets, but I don't know if they are as good as her solid PUL pockets. {I have never tried them}.

I think for the price.. it wouldn't hurt to order one of her diapers/covers to see what you think for yourself. Sometimes what works for one might not work for another.. KWIM?

I also thought I had a problem with wicking out of the leg of one of the diapers, but realized that it was because I needed a smaller size. {Hence the mediums}. Just watch the rise when ordering unless you plan to stuff them a lot. I only had one MF insert when I tried the larges and had the wicking. It wasn't from her diaper, but from my not ordering correctly. I was new to CDing and ordering diapers so I didn't know.

Here are the diapers we have/had....

Medium Pockets~

Large Pockets~

Elmo Painted Cover & Fitted~

HTHs!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:35 AM   #7
Jcrsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

April is a veteran Wahm. SHe is a great seamstress and equally as great at communication. I first tried her diapers with DS # 2, 3.5 years ago. Her diapers were awesome! Unfortunately, I haven't tried them lately since I make my own, but I think her feedback speaks for itself.
It's worth a try ordering them
Jcrsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:27 AM   #8
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OOh, thanks for all the great feedback
A local mum had a couple to sell, maybe I'll try them and see how the fit is for our little one. The prices on her site looked great compared to many other diapers

Thanks again for the input!
Old 06-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #9
mommy2alex2004
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have had pockets and the AI2. I really liked the pockets with my baby girl. I bought 3 smalls before my daughter was born. We really liked them and used them for night time and they were daddy friendly which was an extra bonus. They fit the baby from the beginning (around 9 pounds) and my DD is now almost 17 pounds and 7 months old and just starting not to fit as well. I just sold the 3 last week because I knew we wouldn't have much longer.

I didn't care for the AI2 for my DS last year. I bought it a week after gettng it. I just found that I would rather have a pocket than a cover with a prefold laying inside. The velcro didn't work as well for him and though it was super strong, it kept cutting him on the belly if he sat down for some reason. THe prefold insert though is AWESOME. I didn't sell it with the cover and we use it to stuff DS's nighttime Fuzzi Bunz since he still wears dipes at night (he is day PTed).

I love the fleece binding on the legs and the cute prints she uses on the tabs. Very well made dipes and when I sold the small dipes they still looked pratically brand new. Her prices are great if you buy more than one dipe since shipping on one is very high.

I hope that helps.
Ask me how!
mommy2alex2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:00 AM   #10
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

April is a DREAM to work with. she always get back to you quickly, and has always been accomidating for custom orders. My FAVORITE thing about diapers is its currently the ONLY diaper I can trust for overnight with NO LEAKS.