Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
thestafs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
fleece/wool covers?

I love the look of the wool covers but I need to be practical and I want some help. I have 5 kids, all under 6 (and we are hoping for more) and I do a ton of laundry already as I am sure all you do too! How is fleece for a cover? I saw this website in another post... http://diaperware.com/productpage/dancingbears.htm
and those look nice too. I think that I would like something that I can just toss in the wash?

Please, if you have experience with both, let me know the benefits of each and maybe the down side too!
TIA!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
thestafs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: fleece/wool covers?

oh, and what do you do in the winter if you are using wool or fleece? If you only have shorties or soakers, can you put pjs over top and still expect to be dry in the am?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

ya know, we use wool covers and regular fleece pants (old navy brand, tcp brands, too) and they work great for my heavy wetter... just a thought. We also use recycled wool longies year round because of the AC in the summer. (instead of pjs).

Last edited by hackermd; 06-22-2007 at 10:19 PM.
hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:20 PM   #4
mamavegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestafs@msn.com View Post
oh, and what do you do in the winter if you are using wool or fleece? If you only have shorties or soakers, can you put pjs over top and still expect to be dry in the am?
I toss in my fleece with my regular clothes. I do avoid putting them in with jeans or anything with zippers that would catch on them though. I just air dry it because it dries so darn fast! I don't always wash it every single day, because I only use it at night and sometimes airing it out seems just fine.

For the winter, you can get some fitted fleece pants. Old navy is a great place to find them from what I hear. You could also put a regular pajama bottoms over the fleece cover, but you'll have to buy a size or 2 larger than usual. I would fit them so that the elastic is at the higher part of the fleece or just above (if that makes sense.)

I don't use wool because I'm vegan. Wool, however, would need to be lanolized occasionally and wool does/will/can felt in the wash if it is aggitated too much. Wool is also generally more expensive than fleece. Admittingly, there are some darn cute wool covers around though.