Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me with my covers...

okay people. For the longest time I have been saying "I will not use PUL covers." This was mostly because none have worked for my toddler and because I like using more "natural" things on his tushy. HOWEVER, I am getting to the point in my stash where I've minimized down to a very simple stash (for the most part) and once we're out of the newborn size we'll have the following:

Diapers:
12 OS BG pockets - to be used on the baby
48 infant prefolds with preemie prefolds as doublers
36 premium prefolds - used on our toddler right now
18 L BG AIOs (for our toddler)
6 toddler prefolds for nighttime

Covers:
Small - 4 fleece longies, 2 recycled wool, 6 crochet/knitted wool
Medium - Nothing yet except what's on the way (listed below)
Large - 3 recycled wool, 4 fleece, 1 crocheted wool

And that's it folks. I am so stinkin excited to get down to this minimum stash..I cannot even tell you how excited I am. I love my newborn diapers but I'm ready to be simplified. I can't wait to use my newborn fitteds, pockets, etc. but I'm so ready to be down to one/two kinds/brands of diapers in our system.

So...that brings me to the next question. We have mostly fleece and wool right now. I have a few large pockets that I use unstuffed as covers with trifolded prefolds in them. So, now that I've simplified our stash down to a pretty minimum/economical stash for two, how many covers do I need for each size? I haven't done PUL covers for I don't know how long and I want to have them for use under jeans and "regular" clothes as DH thinks wool is too girly for our toddler son (rolling eyes).

Here's what I have coming right now as far as covers:
4 small BSWW - whites
2 medium Proraps
2 medium BSWW prints
1 large BSWW print

How many more should I have for each size or is that good? I definitely want one more large BSWW because I want another print. I have four large pockets that I use as covers so that would be six PUL covers total in size large. I do use mostly recycled wool at home so these would only be for going out or under his jeans, etc. I find that after using the pockets as covers they stink after about three uses so I have to switch them out. I dunno why but they do. So that means if I use strictly prefolds I would go through all four PUL pockets in one day leaving me with one cover.

Thoughts? Opinions? What's a good amount for sizes small, medium and large? The OS BG will be used on the baby.

Help a mama out.

Advertisement

Last edited by imommy; 06-23-2007 at 08:32 AM.
imommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:44 AM   #2
mommytotommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help me with my covers...

I think my stash is pretty simple(as far as stashes go), and we have 2 Nikky's, 5 pieces of knitted wool, and 2 interlock soakers. I think it sounds about right.

Last edited by mommytotommy; 06-23-2007 at 08:45 AM.
mommytotommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #3
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotommy View Post
I think my stash is pretty simple(as far as stashes go), and we have 2 Nikky's, 5 pieces of knitted wool, and 2 interlock soakers. I think it sounds about right.
What size is that for?
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #4
mommytotommy
Registered Users
seller

She can wear both mediums and larges depending on the brand.
mommytotommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For awhile we did just pf's and pul covers - I liked having 6-ish covers in each size. That way, I could use 3 covers/day, rotaiting them on the baby and being aired out, and wash every other day - baby was running around coverless during the wash, but it worked.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote