Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Converted someone before I even started

I have wanted to CD my DD since before she was born, even stocked up on prefolds and covers while pregnant. I chickened out when she came home and sold my stash on eBay... decided to go with 7th generation and Tushies 'sposies. I blame it on a lack of confidence. I didn't know any other CDers and my mother was not very supportive of the idea. Since then I have been wanting to try again, having regained my confidence and continuing desire to CD my DD. When trying to decide between BG and FBs, I pitched the idea to my sister, who is the last person I would ever think to support CDing. She has been happily diapering her DS in Pampers/Huggies for over a year now. She came with me to a store yesterday to check out the BGs and FBs and... lo and behold... decided to buy a few! I figured this was okay because, even of she didn't stick with it, I could buy them off her. I talked to her today after she tried her first day CDing and she's hooked! I haven't even started my DD in them yet, I was traveling all day! I guess she went through the 4 she just bought and didn't want to put her DS back into the Huggies, so she's been on laundry rotation like a crazy lady... immediately went online to stock up on some more. My little nephew is now a Fuzzi Bunz baby!

Just thought that was a cool story to share...

Wife to Todd, Mommy to Marin (11.22.06) and Anja (11.26.08)
whalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Converted someone before I even started

YAY! That is great! Another convert! Let me tell ya, I had dd in huggies while we were on vacation and I HATED every minute of it, I missed dd's fitteds and prefolds and pretty wool...I may have one too, my sister in law is pregnant with her 2nd and has been chatting me up about cloth dipes too. Woo hoo!
Proud Navy wife, veteran, full time student and mommy to my gorgeous babes.
Grrchurch03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Thats so cool
I keep sposies in the closet for Dh and went to grab some for him the other day and they were dusty! lol
He made do with the BG AIO's.
Nikki, Mom to Clay (10), Annika (8) and Eden (3)
southernmom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2boys0608
My Mood:

awesome .... i start a nanny job on monday they use sposies ,..maybe i can convert them too
crunchymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: kerstynsmom
My Mood:

wow - that's awesome! You can totally do it!! I was just like you, and re-started when DD was 14 months - quit for 2 - missed it so bad that I had to come back!

I don't see how anybody can't like them after feeling them compared to a sposie. I still have a ton of sposies, and tonight DD wanted to put on a dipe that wouldn't make it in the night, and threw the one on the floor that would - so I gave her a choice between the spoie and one that would that she threw on the floor, and she choose the cloth one - - so she's totally converted
Kerstyn's world Mommy's facebook
blissfullyblessed is offline   Reply With Quote