Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs down He brought it up AGAIN!

DH that is, and NOT co sleeping... UGH Does he not realize he won't win this battle??? He says "I want my bed back" "Cody (DSS) never slept in my bed..." I said that's your problem, he said it's not right, he should sleep in his crib, not with us, yada yada yada... oh and his new argument is we have the rocking chair now so you can nurse him in that and then put him back to bed... he does not understand that it's not JUST about easy nursing... and he tries to say oh confidence has nothing to do with nursing/co sleeping/no CIO... so on, he said he can barely wimper and you pick him up, SO WHAT!!!! Leave me the hell alone, you are not here all day/week anyways so why do you CARE how I care for him (I mean I am not doing anything harmful, if I were I could understand the concern lol) Gimme some more ammo & I need some shoulders ladies

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Re: He brought it up AGAIN!

Sorry to hear he's not supporting your choices. Sounds like you are doing a great job mama. YOU are the one nursing so YOU should decide how and where it happens. Personally my son transitioned to his room a few weeks ago and when I go in there in the middle of the night I don't sit in our glider and nurse. I'm half asleep so it wouldn't work. I bring him to my bed and sometimes he goes back in his crib after nursing, sometimes he stays in ours. It depends on his mood. LOL

I hope you guys can work out some sort of compromise with it.
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I think co-sleeping is the best, but if your dh is so against it, you might want to reconsider. I'd hate for your marriage to suffer because of it. Maybe if you talk to him when neither one of you are angry and let him know how much it would really mean to you if you could continue to co-sleep.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

I co-slept with my 3rd baby until she was about 6 months (woulda longer but she needed her space). I slept in another room with her because my DH has to get up early every morning and I didn't want to disturb him through the night. He didn't seem to mind. Wish I would have thought to co-sleep with my first 2.
love2bmom2chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:30 PM   #5
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

see it's not even that it wakes him, he's a soldier, so he can sleep through a freaking firing range he didn't say exactly why it bothers him, and neither of us were that angry about it just annoyed I think LOL we will be spending three weeks away in July (just me n the kiddos are going to visit my family) so we shall discuss it more when we return I think... thanks for the support ladies
Old 06-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

maybe he is uncomfortable using the bed for um errr you know , knowing that the baby will be sleeping there? Maybe it makes it uncomfortable to know he is having sex in his babies bed... basically it is babys bed kwim?

We co-sleep... we have 2 kids in our bed right now LOL 4 out of my 5 kids have all co slept, my oldest didn't because my ex was completely against it... I always wanted to have him in my bed though

I hope you guys can work something out. Maybe if you put a bed in the babys room that you could sleep in with him when dh is home? that way you wont have to be in bed with dh with your ds?
Old 06-25-2006, 05:00 PM   #7
TaivensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I personally feel this is one topic that should have been touched on before you married or had kids...I have discussed every little thing with my fiance to make sure we see eye to eye on things and if we don't we come up with a middle ground..like he is opposed to nursing in public from the thought of it and I argued the fact that the baby would still need to eat and the happy medium for us is using a cover while nursing...I find this rediculous but the fact is it will be OUR child not just mine and we both havea say in how things are done, so you need to keep that in mind more so too because these were topics not talked about before having him...he probably thought since you bought a crib you would be using it...
Old 06-25-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

well I plan on using the crib lol just not yet Gavin is a high need baby too so I know he is not ready yet either... far as before getting married, well we already had my stepson full time so it's not like we really discussed much before having kids LOL kwim? I decided to bring it up to him just a bit ago, and explained to him why it is important to me and he said he understands... so he seems okay with it (for now? lol) I told him Gavin may want to sleep on his own before we know it just like he may wean himself from nursing... anyhow thanks for the support!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #9
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

glad you talked it over
im with sheila on this one too though.
have fun on your vacation btw!
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #10
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yea I am up for compromise but not when you try to tell me how it is lol at first it's like he didn't want to hear my reasons kwim? and if he were home more (not blaming him, he's in the Army, he can't help it) but if he were home more then it would be different kwim? but it's mostly me so I feel I should have more of a say, as selfish as that may sound