Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #11
Ontariomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WHY do mamas sell items for double or more than they paid?

Y'know I'd believe the "maybe she doesn't know", except for the fact that she's charging DOUBLE what she paid - that's a bit excessive, imo.

If I paid $10 for a diaper, and I decide to sell it, I might not remember that I paid exactly $10, but I'll definitely remember that I DIDN'T pay $20, kwim?

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2006, 07:17 AM   #12
kugrinic
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontariomama
Y'know I'd believe the "maybe she doesn't know", except for the fact that she's charging DOUBLE what she paid - that's a bit excessive, imo.

If I paid $10 for a diaper, and I decide to sell it, I might not remember that I paid exactly $10, but I'll definitely remember that I DIDN'T pay $20, kwim?

OHhhhh that is a lot more, well I would PM her then.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:22 AM   #13
Terrie
Registered Users

I agree you should call her on it. I know I was selling some things and I could not remember what I paid nor could I remember the brand name. Someone kindly emailed me and I took no offense to it. I then changed the prices.
Terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:25 AM   #14
Tyrity
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, $20 (used in your example) is a lot to pay for a used dipe IMO. I agree with everyone else, trying sending her a PM to nicely remind her of what she paid, maybe she will change her prices on the items. Could just be a honest mistake maybe?
Tyrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:26 AM   #15
misty dawn
Registered Users

I agree with some of the other mammas. I'm currently buying a lot of dipes and won't be near ready to sell them until much later in the year and possibly even into 2007. For that reason I'm keeping a database of what I bought, who from, and how much I paid, because I know when it comes down to it there's no way I'm going to remember how much I paid for all of it and I'd hate to charge more than what I paid for a dipe simply because I couldn't remember and was trying to guesstimate. I definitely think a PM would be appropriate...if nothing else would remind her that people here have a tendency to keep an eye out for each other and if they want to keep a good rep they better watch what they do.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:29 AM   #16
tatertots
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that you should not jack up the price that much. I would deffinatly pm her. Hopefully she will change the price to what she paid for it and not something to where she is making $4or$5 more then what she paid. I don't think that is fair at all.
I know if I did it and someone pmd me saying you are overcharging what I paid you I would change the price to what I got it for.
Pamela SAHM to Eli 5 and Chloe 2 and a very proud AF WIFE! Expecting #3 in October
tatertots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:35 AM   #17
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know for me I rarely remember what I paid for an item so I sometimes look around and see what they go for.... a lot of times I sell things for less than what I paid so I think it all works out.

I dont think I have ever folowed up on anything I haev sold to see what it is reselling for... I just dont have time for that... adn they arent mine anymore anyways so I really dont care what they sell for.

Now if it was an item of need that I gifted to someone and they turned around and sold it that might make me a little peeved.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff
Old 04-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #18
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Drives me nuts too! Sometimes I've traded/sold things & they've sold shortly after the trade & then it makes me wonder if they were just doing it to make $.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:45 AM   #19
4boys4me
Registered Users

I personally think that it isn't yours anymore. Let her do what she wants with it. Why get upset that she is selling it for more. For all you may know she may not get any offers to buy and may reduce her price or even do a trade with it.. I just think that if you sold it then it isn't yours no matter what.. jmo.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 AM   #20
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it's difficult to remember what you pay for every diaper, especially when you buy many. i "try" to keep a log of what i buy and how much i bought it for, but sometimes forget. maybe just pm the other mamma.