Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
10 month old night sleeping is killing me...HELP!

My DD, Zosha, has never STTN. But she was getting better there for a while and going 3-5 hours at a time. But the last 2 weeks she is waking EVERY night somewhere between 12-4 and staying awake for about 1-3 hours. She cries sometimes, sometimes she is happy. But I can't get her to go back down. When she is not doing this she is waking every 1 1/2 hours to nurse. I am getting very little sleep and what I do get is in small chunks. I don't know what to do. We did CIO about a month ago and she did pretty well, she finally began to put herself to sleep. But now this and she DOES NOT put herself back to sleep anymore! Any advice before I pull out all of my hair would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Danni

banned for excessive strikes

Want to know about making money with ChaCha? Ask me!
I made $350 last month!Hits4Pay Want some Moola?
zosiasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
My Mood:
Re: 10 month old night sleeping is killing me...HELP!

My son is doing the same thing!!!!! He is 6 months going on 7m.. He has been waking up in the middle of the night, and finds it amusing to play with my nose and pull my face!!! He does not wake up crying just laughing and starts playing.. He co-sleeps with us, so I dont know if its cause he just is not as tired as he should be?? Or if its just a phase!! Which I hope!!

Good luck momma, stick it out.. I am going through the same thing!
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
Registered Users

Me too... ugh! not fun. DD (7mos) wants to eat 4 or 5 times during the night, and frequently wakes at 3, not wanting to go back to sleep. When she does this, I don't talk to her (don't make any noise), don't look her in the eyes, make sure the room is dark, and that she is in a safe spot with no "entertainment" nearby - and I turn my back to her, and ignore pretty much anything she may do. It seems to help, as she usually goes back to sleep.

I'll probably be bald - or at least grey - by the time she reaches her first birthday.
Jennifer - mother to Hannah Marie and Josiah Owen
aran_knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #4
My Mood:

Is your LO about to hit a developemental milestone?? I know my ds always had wierd sleeping times right before he was going to meet milestone.
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #5
KV Boo
Registered Users
My Mood:

My 10 month old did the same exact thing when she was teething. As soon as the little sucker popped out she was back to her regular sleeping pattern.

When my dd wanted to play at night i just put her in her exersaucer after a while she would just tire herself out.

Mommy to Tatiana 12 years old
Stacy 10 years old and Gabriella born August 3, 2006 My little baby girl!!
KV Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:16 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

Oh my, I've been having this problem with my 7mo son all week. He has been sleeping through the night for 4 all of a sudden, he's sleeping from 11:30-12:30, then up until about 2, then back up by 6...the other day he was up from 5:30 until 8, just playing, trying to pull my hair, babbling away happily.....all the while I tried to ignore him (except to remove my hair from his fingers )...he has no teeth yet, so maybe it's a sign he's teething like a pp said. I'm hoping this phase ends soon as I am sleepy this week. Usually on the rare occasion he'd wake during the night, he'd nurse back to sleep...but the past few days he nurses then is awake to play. ugh.
Loving wife to Tim
Homeschooling, Cloth diapering...transitioning to potty training, Mama to Luke , Grace and David

Last edited by momtolg; 06-27-2007 at 09:17 PM.
momtolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
Registered Users

I feel your pain. I tried every method under the sun except CIO and what worked in the end for us was Ferber's method, which involved crying in 5, 10, and 15 minute intervals at first. Now if my son wakes and cries I go right in to comfort him, but it rarely happens. What I have learned from friends of mine whose babies have sleep problems (which is most people with babies) is that you have to do what you are comfortable with, but whatever you choose you have to stick with and be totally consistent no matter what. Most likely your baby does not need to nurse in the middle of the night at this point. I would not reward the waking with nursing or the pattern will continue. Remember also that babies cry to communicate so just because the baby cries it doesn't necessarily mean misery. It helps to remember this when establishing a sleep routine. Good luck!
Mom to Harlan 11/01/05 and Shane 10/23/09
VioletteCrumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am on another forum that is based on the techniques of a lady named Tracey Hogg. She wrote a book called Secrets of the Baby whisperer. Her techniques are amazing! they work so well! I would recomend all of you get the book and read it. I am a moderator on that forum for the sleep section. It is a miracle for those who don't want to let their babies Cry it out or use controlled crying. I have been doing it with my son (now 9.5 months) since his birth and he has always been the happiest kid I know. He Slept through the night at 6 weeks and has been sleeping 12 hours a night plus about 3-4 hours of sleep a day since he was 2 months.

Check it out! if you have any questions I can answer them for you too. I love telling other mom's about this because I have hadso much success with this and I want others to be able to have the help I did. I would have been lost as a first time mom without it.
(this is begining to sound like an infomercial so I will stop now )

Melissa-Couponista Mommy to Braxton (9/6/06) and Reagan (3/27/08)
Free stuff for searching the web!
meltown is offline   Reply With Quote