Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2006, 10:47 AM   #11
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleeping through the night?

3months, when we put him in his bassanet by himself and out of our bed We moved him to his crib in his own room around 5months and he did even better with sleeping. Around 9months he started getting up for a blttle or 2 during the night, than went back to sleeping all night, than got sick a couple weeks ago and last night was the 1st night he has slept all night in like 2-3weeks (but we have had alot of stress in the last 2 weeks with my mom and having to leave for an emergency and leaving daddy at home, etc)

LuAnn

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #12
MamaJo
Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamommy
So I'm sorry to say that I think it's just the child's disposition and it's very hard to change without pushing them hard and thus changing who they are in other ways. We tried so many things to help my dd sleep better. Eventually we just developed coping skills and lived with it because we weren't willing to CIO. If I could go back I wouldn't do it any differently (but oh man, I don't want to go back). I'm sorry I'm not of more help with this. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
I have to agree as well. My dd slept through the night from just 6 weeks on (like 6 hrs or so), but by the time she was 1, she was sleeping a solid 13-15 hrs straight. My son on the other hand...he's 2 and it seems now its about every few nights he'll sleep through. Other nights, he usually gets up once somewhere between 12 am and 3 am. Before him, I just thought it was the craziest thing that a 1 yr old couldn't sleep through the night. I was rather young, 17, and figured it must be the parents (my only real experience with other moms at the time was other teens pretty much). BOY did he put me in my place

It'll get better

Taking a break to focus on God & family

MamaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #13
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for keeping the replies coming, mamas!

Sarah,
I hope your DS will give you some rest soon aswell! Our boys are close in age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCMama
my ds sleep s through the night, he is 2 months old, he goes down about 9, wakes SOMETIMES about 5, then again around 8 last night, he went down about 8:30, and I woke him at 5:30 cause I was hurting, then he slept till almost 8..
Man, I envy you!!! None of my kids ever slept like that from this young age! Lucky mama!

LuAnn,
strangely, Mason also started sleeping better when we moved him out of our bed, into his own room. But ever since he started teething and then getting sick time after time again he seemed to having been 'thrown off' his good sleeping schedule..

Jodi,
wow, your DD slept that long w/6 wks? Wow! How funny (not really, but ykwim) that your DS is the opposite almost. Makes me really think/realize that you mamas must be right and that it's totally up to each individual baby, no matter how you feed him/her etc., huh?
Old 06-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #14
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

david just started at almost 3 girl!!!
i hope youdont have to wait that long. it was a lil of a pain though what can is ay? weaning him did work for my insanity
goodluck val
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:39 PM   #15
FitMommyOf2
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow, Sandy!!!
Man, I hope Mason won't take that long!
Old 06-25-2006, 02:34 PM   #16
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

I also noticed our kiddos were close!
He used to be really good about waking up just once but a few months ago, he decided to stop. So, I'm hioping that he'll decide to start again just as randomly. My SIL ( ) is always telling me how great her daughter sleeps and she's about 4 months younger than my DS. I just want to throw a dirty diaper at her when she does that.
I believe his teeth are keeping him up right now. There is another tooth we're waiting on right now and he's trying to get in his 12 mo molars. Things are a little crazy around here right now!
How's yours with teething? How many teeth now?
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:59 AM   #17
FitMommyOf2
seller

My Mood:

Sarah,
why do other moms always have to 'brag' like that when they know we don't have a good sleeper like that, huh!? *sigh*

Right now Mason is working on tooth #8, he started getting his 1st @4 months and every month he'd get a new one I assume that's also part of why he's still waking up.. Eventhough he's a 'happy camper' during the day again -not like a few wks ago when #7 came in..

Wow, molars? How many teeth total does he have?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:06 AM   #18
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ummm, My dd is 2 and 1/2 years and is stil not sleeping thru the night. She goes to bed at 10 or 11 at night, and wakes up around 3 and then again at 6. and tehn at 8. naps for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from 12-2 and plays hard. she just isnt a sleeper.

Shhh dont tell anyone.... LOL PPl already think i dont lay down the law enough..
Frankly i like the company when i cant sleep, ( like its 4 am and i havent been to bed yet) and when i can sleep, she jsut crawls in bed with me...
Old 06-26-2006, 06:18 AM   #19
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been blessed with how my dd is sleeping so I won't share that. However, my ds is another story, he didn't start sleeping through the night at about 6 mo old. I don't remember him having a lot of problems unless there was a storm. When his dad and I got divorced on my weeks he would sleep in my bed since I only had a studio apt. Then I moved in with 2 other girls in a house and he finally got his own bed. We were in the basement, so he couldn't really hear the storms. Now I have gotten re-married and EVERY time there is a storm he is up. So even if dd can give me a night if there is a storm my 6 yr old is getting me up, that or he says he has been having nightmares, and he will wake me up. Sometimes on a week when I have him it can be almost every night. Very frustrating
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:48 AM   #20
FitMommyOf2
seller

My Mood:

Wow, Melissa! I guess I'm really spoiled w/DD then

mother4JC,
to you!