Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2006, 03:49 AM   #1
ltelly00
Registered Users

funny DH combos

My poor DH is finally using cloth on DD at night when I work. The downside is that he just can't quite "get" the idea of what goes with what and what does what.
Last night he put her in a Benjamuffins daytimer with a prefold (folded in half) and one of the contour types I use to stuff pockets. No cover! Thank goodness for fleece jammies, they're the only thing that saved my mattress at all! And then he asked how she did last night as far as if she was wet through by the time I got home from work! I didn't want to discourage him (it took forever to get him on board) so I just dodged the question.
The best one he came up with though was a prefold inside a fleece AIO with a wool wrap and a nylon cover over that! I still have to laugh at that one!

Advertisement

ltelly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:53 AM   #2
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: funny DH combos

How sweet of him trying but . It is quite funny. I wasn't home last night for bedtime diapering and my sister had used the Very Baby Simply Nights for a diaper change before bedtime....so I was curious to see what DH had put on the babe. I asked and he said "that one with stars or something on it, three of those insert thingies (CB inserts) and two of those other things you lay inside (doublers)." I then asked if he made sure he put the longies on him and he said yes. I'm scared for the babe to wake up and see if he's wet. CB inserts hardly hold him for the day so we'll see.

I just think it's so sweet that he is really trying though. I tried to not sound leery of what the morning sheets are going to look like but at the same time I was skeptical...good thing heh couldn't see my face . We'll see I suppose.

They are so sweet in trying though! Have to love them.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I try to keep all my dipes stuffed and the covers next to certain dipes, DH will cd and is happy to do it, but he says it all confuses him. Sometimes he puts the wool soakers on backwards..lol
Old 04-27-2006, 07:06 AM   #4
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

I always stick to AIOs or prestuffed pockets for DH. We had some pretty weird combos when we were cloth diapering ds! LOL
Old 04-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
Tyrity
Registered Users

My Mood:

I gave mine a small class on what goes with what as far as dipes go...so he's pretty self sufficent when it comes to diapering the boys either day or night. His cure all for night time is a FB stuffed to the gills with whatever he can find...guess he didnt get the part when I said the FB's arent working for nights anymore....men, they have that selective hearing ya know LOL
Tyrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:16 AM   #6
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

It's cute though that he tries!
I have to pre-stuff all my pockets and pocket fitteds in order for DH to use otherwise he'd grab the pockets unstuffed. LOL
He doesn't know the diff. between my pocket fitteds needing a cover and the PUL or fleece ones not, but since we mainly have fleece or wool pants, it doesn't matter anyway!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:20 AM   #7
alisonsage
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I leave a basket of prestuffed pockets for DH to use when we diaper change. We use mainly pfs or fitteds w/ wool now but snappiing the pfs is to complicated and for some reason DH just doesn't like the fitteds. This coming from a man who didn't want me to get pockets in the first place because the were not made of natural fiber I really think picking out a diaper and a cover confuses him! I guess I shouldn't laugh, though- I'd probably be confused too if I didn't spend a few hours a day looking at cds on the internet

Ok, I'm still laughing.

SAGE WOOLIES-Custom crocheted shorties and capris GALLERY
alisonsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:26 AM   #8
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonsage
I really think picking out a diaper and a cover confuses him! I guess I shouldn't laugh, though- I'd probably be confused too if I didn't spend a few hours a day looking at cds on the internet

Ok, I'm still laughing.
That's true!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:47 AM   #9
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aawwwww, he tried!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #10
misty dawn
Registered Users

Hey what great information...so I should use this time before baby gets here to train dh on what and how to use the Cds. I knew my old Cabbage Patch Kid would come in handy for something!