Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #1
PinkLemonade7503
Registered Users
seller

Have you ever had cloth diapering success after failure?

My first child was adopted, and we cloth diapered her and loved every minute of it. Second child was bio, and would leak through a diaper, with extra inserts (tried several varieties) in one pee.

I am now pregnant with second bio child, and want to cloth diaper again. I sold them all right before we moved overseas, and so if I do it, I need to rebuy. I am thinking about buying 2-3 to give it a go, and see if this baby is a heavy wetter like the last one. (We struggled with the disposables too- she would often leak through them before she was halfway outgrown from that size.)

I did a lot of troubleshooting at the time, but in the end she would need so many thick inserts in her diapers, that it was affecting her ability to lay down.

So, has anyone had a heavy wetter, and then had a regular wetter? I miss cloth diapers!

Advertisement

PinkLemonade7503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

Re: Have you ever had cloth diapering success after failure?

All my babies have been about the same. Hold it in and then soak. I tried cloth with DS2 for a year and a half and then quit because I hated the system I had. Sticking with only natural fibers for absorbency this go round and it's much better. I still have to change her every 2 hours (as I should anyway) but I don't mind. In a couple of years I'll be completely done with diapers anyway.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:20 PM   #3
Titus2
Registered Users
seller

Every baby is different IMO. Son was a soaker, daughter pees every 30 minutes.
Titus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:31 PM   #4
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I complained about leaks here and the moms advised adding a doubler for more absorbency. Now I use a BG snap microfiber insert with a hemp or bamboo insert and I'm not having any problems with leaks anymore (except if I don't change often enough) It took me a while to realize that DD is a heavy wetter compared to DS.
Old Yesterday, 06:24 AM   #5
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

I had a few heavy wetters, but properly sized prefolds or flats work great for my super soakers. AIO, pockets, microfiber anything, and disposables would leak, only the natural fibers could contain them.

i recently bought some XL Sweet Iris flats for my 1yo and they hold the most out of any diaper I've tried. He wears them all the time, but they've been especially great for his long naps and overnight. Since they're flats, they clean easily and have a great fit.

Mama to 5: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and expecting someone new 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids have some similarities and some differences. Not sure how long ago you had your second but they do makes some trim and absorbent stuff that may not have been available then.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote