Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

WWYD Fuzzi Bunz problem???

I have 9 or 10 fuzzi bunz that have bad elastic, we moved from med to PT so we aren't using them right now but I am so frustrated at this point because I contacted there customer service several months ago via email and then followed up with the woman 2-3 times by phone each time to have her tell me she would call me back.

The diapers were about 18 months old when the elastic went and it was only certain colors that I had an issue with. We have at least 24 med and only 9-10 are bad but that is a lot!!!!

So I contacted them a couple of days ago to tell them I would really appreciate a reply and they did reply and say,

"I am sorry that you had that experience, it is now under different management. We only do replacements through our online retailers - whoever you spoke to should have suggested that you contact them. They will provide you all of the information that you need to get your replacements."

Now the problem is I don't know where I bought them from and they are over a year old so am I basically just skrewed here?? Does anyone know of someone who can fix these stupid things for me. I don't want to spend a ton to get diapers that in my opinion never should have broken in that short of time fixed. I was hoping to use these on a second baby but there is no way since they were leaking horrible on my DD and her legs are much bigger than what a little babies will be.

Well if nothing else I feel better having vented about there terrible follow through from the past, I realize things are hopfully getting better with new management, but why should the customer suffer to doing exactly what there employee told me to do which was wait and she would call back, I bugged her 2 more times after she told me to wait the first time. I just want diapers that work.

Advertisement

Meg, Mom to DD#1 6/04 DD#2 4/07
(all of my items come from a non smoking, pet friendly home)
clothdiapermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:38 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: WWYD Fuzzi Bunz problem???

I'm sorry, that stinks. But after 18 months, I highly doubt anyone is going to fix them for free. They usually only have a 6 month guarantee or less, if I'm not mistaken. What I would do is ask a WAHM to fix them for you for a fee. It might be a little expensive for 9-10 dipes, but not nearly as much as buying all new FB.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
I'm sorry, that stinks. But after 18 months, I highly doubt anyone is going to fix them for free. They usually only have a 6 month guarantee or less, if I'm not mistaken. What I would do is ask a WAHM to fix them for you for a fee. It might be a little expensive for 9-10 dipes, but not nearly as much as buying all new FB.
I was willing to pay Fuzzi Bunz to fix them but of course they don't actually do that!! I don't understand why a company that big can't have a repair service, instead they just wanted to sell me new diapers.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
raversangel
Banned

well i think what they were trying to tell you is to contact the retailer b/c then you can ship it back to the store and the retailer can write them off as 'defective' and you get sent a brand new one, not a repair...that's how it worked with swaddlebees when i had that issue...it was like christmas getting new dipes i hope this helps
raversangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:03 PM   #5
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflydreams3
well i think what they were trying to tell you is to contact the retailer b/c then you can ship it back to the store and the retailer can write them off as 'defective' and you get sent a brand new one, not a repair...that's how it worked with swaddlebees when i had that issue...it was like christmas getting new dipes i hope this helps
Well I guess I basically just need a retailer who is willing to help me out since I don't know who they came from and that the store I bought my PT's from no longer sells Fuzzi Bunz so I can't even ask them to help me.

Anyone sell Fuzzi Bunz want to help a distressed mama out??
Old 06-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

it stinks but you could take a loss and sell them cheaply for someone else to fix. Fixing elastic is very time consuming I have fixed a few of mine and it was tedous granted I havnt been sewing a long time and dont have the best equipment and all but it was still a mega PIA.
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:17 PM   #7
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I send all of my deffective FB to my friend Deann at Blooming Bums. She does a great repair job and shes pretty inexpensive. She does great work.
Im so sorry to hear that FB cant get thier crap together. DOnt expect great things from them until they can figure out thier business ethics. Sorry to be so harsh and blunt. Not trying to be rude in any way.
Maybe leaving feedback for them on the boards will help others be more aware of what to expect from them.
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, I bought some FBs from the mama that was closing her store in May & one of them had the tag 1/2 come off after the 2nd wash. WHen I contacted her, she told me to contact FBs & I STILL havent heard from them. I wonder who I'm supposed to contact.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #9
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowynne
Hmm, I bought some FBs from the mama that was closing her store in May & one of them had the tag 1/2 come off after the 2nd wash. WHen I contacted her, she told me to contact FBs & I STILL havent heard from them. I wonder who I'm supposed to contact.

There website is all redone and I used the contact us form on there site and did get the reply that I posted above, so you might try that. I know that for a long time there email on there site didn't actually work!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:07 PM   #10
leobaby04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

check with Molly at www.treecitydiapers.com - she is great and if she can't help I'm sure she'll have some options for you
leobaby04 is offline   Reply With Quote