View Poll Results: Do you perfer PUL or Nylon?
I love Nylon covers 14 19.44%
I like pul better 41 56.94%
I dont use neither, I love wool! 17 23.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
daniels_mami
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Nylon vs PUL

Here in florida its so hot that I hardly ever put daniel in a pocket nor a pul cover since I sold all my pul covers!:giggle: I just put daniel in a pocket two days ago and man he was hot and sweaty under there. This doesnt happen with nylon with him. Is nylon more breathable than pul. Im starting to not like pul any longer and have even used pockets in weeks. Lately we been using wool but nylon covers like bummis & dappis go under jeans.

which one do you perfer? what are good nylon covers out there?

Advertisement

daniels_mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Nylon vs PUL

I like nylon for the heat factor too. You just aren't suppose to wash it on hot. I use warm water and line dry.
Bum Genius 1.0 is nylon, love those!
Dappi pull on nylon covers are my favorite of the pull-ons
bummis original I really like too but the trim/binding seems to wick more than the dappi trim, I also don't like the crappy aplix tummy panel on the bummis original. It's like it's all pilly when brand new. BUT, I DO love the fit, super trim and breathable!
HTH!

http://https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHippos
Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, bumkins covers are nylon too and have air vents in the back. Those work great, but the aplix tabs can be scratchy on the tummy.

Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
Evolution Diapers
Registered Users
Formerly: goddess3_2005
seller

Wool is great for summer. I used to live in Az and thats all we used.

OS AI2 Hybrid and Pocket Diaperswww.evolutiondiapers.comThe revolution continues! Check out the E2 the Worlds First Cloth Diaper with fully adjustable gussets!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpXC3UvJU8
Evolution Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
earthforeverbroken
Banned
seller

here is my :
nylon and vynal (sp) are cheap!!!
Pul is expencive. if one of the 3 tear, you are soooo S.O.L. with the pul. also somtimes the PUL is bad, it is annoying to me. if my gerber covers get a tear in them, so what, they were only about .50 cents each. but if i get a bad pocket diaper or my monster tears it on somthing, im sooooo angry with myself for getting it. i always cover the diapers with clothes in fear they will tear. nylon and vynal are more reliable when it comes to leaks too;i have never had a leak with them, but i have them all the time with my pockets. i have tons of covers but only a few pockets, he sleeps in them (you dont get tears in bed!)lol!. anyways, it is just my opnion.
when my friends learn about diapers they always want the pocket ones, but i tell them why they are risky and they are costly. most of the time they want to find out for themselves, and ALWAYS go with the cheap-o covers in the end.
earthforeverbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
Green~Mammy
Banned

I use both nylon & PUL so I didn't vote.
Green~Mammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #7
topview
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like my bg1.0's. I made a couple more nylon pockets last week.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used PUL first but I have now almost totally switched to nylon and wool. I have 3 PUL pockets but I prefer my BG 1.0 OS and bummi/dappi nylon pull on covers. You can't beat the price either. I don't like velcro (except for the BG) and too many snaps are a pain so the pull up covers are perfect for us. I do perfer PUL for wetbags though if I can get a good price on it in a coop. Oh I also love that you can dye nylon all sorts of great colors.
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
JRo
Registered Users

My Mood:

So not feeling the nylon love. It ALWAYS wicks for me. That and I like to wash on hot so I have to do a separate wash just for the 4 nylon dipes I have. As a result they are my last ditch diapers. When I do have to use them they make me SO mad because they get wet SO fast. I just use prefolds w/o a cover at home and pul pockets out and about and occasionally wool. I just don't have much wool Too much $$ for me!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:32 PM   #10
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jro~ what type/brand of nylon covers are you using. We use our dappi pull-ons for our 4.5 yr super soaker night bedwetter, our 3 yr old bedwetter, and the baby 15mo. for nightime. NEVER a leak. We can't use PUL at night, it always leaks for us.

It's amazing how one thing works for one person/baby, and then totally not for another and visa versa. huh.