Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
juliemom23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Horrible rash under both breasts..Help!

A couple days ago while nursing dd in the middle of the night I noticed an itch under my breast, well here I am 36 hours later and I have a huge rash under both breasts. It is starting to creep up the underside of my breasts too. I don't think it is a heat rash because it itches soooo bad. It is in an awful place. When I wear my bra it completely rubs it, when I don't wear a bra it is just as unfomfortable. I wonder if it is poison something because last year this time I got it really bad. I was pregnant with dd at the time and the itchy rash was concentrated to my lower belly. It was also awful and I wonder if it wasn't concentrated there because of all the increased bloodflow to that area. I guess that is why I wonder if this isn't poison too. Maybe it is concentrating to the area it is because of breastfeeding (just a theory).

I am going to the doctor at 2:00 today so he can get a better look at it. We are leaving for vacation tomorrow (for a week) and I really want to know what it is and how to fix it before we go. If it is poison something, is there anything I can take, herbal or otherwise to help. Any suggestions on what it could be?

Thanks, I really want to get this at least on the way to healing before we go!

Julie

Advertisement

PM for Ebay and old DS feedback
juliemom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
jelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Horrible rash under both breasts..Help!

It sounds like a yeast rash to me (and very common for those hot, moist places). Is it red and bumpy??
You can get any clotrimazole cream over the counter (Lotrimin) or Canesten. That should really help.
hth!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote