Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
lainiew
Registered Users

Question Fuzzibunz vs. Bumgenius

Hi - I'm ready to place an order for more diapers and am a bit confused as to which direction I should go. I have tried both FB and BG. I do like both, but I think the trim fit of the FB is a bit more appealing. The snaps are the only thing I worry about. My son will be going to daycare part time. I was thinking the velcro would be easier for them. Right now my son is only 6 weeks old, so putting a diaper on him is easy. I just wonder how easy/hard is it to get a FB snapped when you have a child who is a wiggly worm!? I usually use a FB with a joey bunz insert. The BG is appealing because of the one size and the velcro. I'm not so thrilled with the bulkiness of it though. I'm assuming that as my son grows the BG will not be as bulky? I've used my BG with the cottonbabies insert. Please.... any help would be appreciated. I want to place my order on Monday hopefully! Thanks so much!!
Elaine

Advertisement

lainiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Re: Fuzzibunz vs. Bumgenius

I don't know if this will help at all but my son is just getting to the squirmy stage and I put FBs on him no problem. So does dh. I was all set to buy one size dipes when he was that age and I've since sold all the ones I had. They just don't fit him well at all. That said, a lot of people have fit issues with the FBs as well. It's so hard to tell how tall, chunky, skinny, etc. they'll be.

I personally prefer the snaps and the individual sizing. But that's just me
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

I'd have to say for us it would be a hard choice. Sometimes DD (almost 7 months) is VERY squirmy and it takes me a bit longer to get her FB's snapped right and DH won't even try now because she always wants to see what's BEHIND her, so she arches her back and scoots up so she's no longer on the dipe LOL. I think it's easier for me because I do it 99% of the time. Not sure how it would be for daycare.

With the bG's, it's quicker to get them on but you still have to be careful because if you do it really fast (before they squirm away) then you can end up undoing the snaos for the rise. They are a big quicker for us though and not bulky at all. We don't use the CB inserts with them though because they're still too long with the setting she's on and I don't think *I* would be comfy with it snapped down if I had to wear it, so I don't use them on her yet. We use the m/l MOE inserts in them, although we're not using them often because for some reason I can't get them tight enough on her thighs and we end up w/ leaks. Still trying to figure that out!
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
kris10s
Registered Users

The daycare will probably prefer the bgs, and I have found they fit better than other one size pockets I've used. My dd is 6 months and only 14 pounds and I think the BG are just as trim as a med FB on her at this point. I'd probably lean BG, but I'd talk to the daycare and see if they have a big preference as well.

Custom Photo Announcements & Invitations for Birthdays, Holidays, Births, Change of Address, etc!
kris10s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
RachelFlores
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you like them both I'd choose Bumgenius. They are OS so they will cost you less in the long run and if you prestuff they look just like sposies which will be VERY helpful for the people working at the daycare center.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
Mommyof2Princesses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It really depends on you. I have both kinds. FB were my first diaper and I had no problem figuring out the snaps but some people do get confused by them.
My sil is due next month and will be cding to save money so I told her to get the bumgenius. Even though I do love my fuzzi bunz (I think they are great diapers) for her I think the BG will be better. I've heard lots of people don't use the cb insert on the smaller babies. Have you tried putting in microfiber towels instead of the cb insert? They are less bulky (imo). I hope you enjoy whichever diapers you pick!!!
Mommyof2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:58 PM   #7
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I much prefer BG's to FB's. They only cost a bit more and you can use them for much longer! They'd probably be better for daycare
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:40 PM   #8
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

I do find BGs much easier to put on with my squirmy 10 month old. I really like both dipes but there was a period of several months where ds was in between sizes of FBs and we couldn't use them at all. I was really glad I hadn't bought too many FBs and had mostly BGs because the BGs always fit great no matter what. BGs may seem bulky now but once your babe gets a little bigger they will probably seem pretty trim (they do to us).
erin_brycesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #9
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just traded the only BG I had because my hubby always put it aside to get to the FB. He just didn't get it? I loved the suedcloth because it stays softer longer, but I really prefer the snaps.
Daycare however would appreciate the BG because they work much like sposies, you just don't throw them away.
jjaelovesenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:29 AM   #10
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, here's my experiene. I have FB and I had my babysitter use them for naps. He kept on leaking in them durting that time. I found out it was because she didn't know how to snap them right to prevent leaks. So, I got some BG and she never had a problem with them. Now I'm trying to sell them them so I can get diapers that I like better. I like snaps but, only if it's a fitted. At least that way you have a second barrier for leaks if who ever doesn't snap them right. So, if it was me I would get BG and the BG would grow with him.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote