Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
addison0316
Registered Users

Unsuccessful with first attempt at CDing

I received a variety of CDs that I traded with someone the other day. I was excited about it and decided to try one on my 19 month old DD the other night. I used a Happy Heineys pocket and put two inserts inside it since she was going to wear it overnight. I do not know exactly what type of inserts they were, but they weren't hemp or microterry. Anyway, she woke up this morning absolutely soaked. I was bummed because I thought with two inserts she'd be fine. I'm not discouraged to try again, but I would love some tips on what I could try differently. BTW, it appears after last night that DD is definitely a heavy nighttime wetter. TIA!

Advertisement

addison0316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:55 PM   #2
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: Unsuccessful with first attempt at CDing

HH are probably not great for nighttime use. Happy Heiny's didn't work for us, I have a super soaker, too. Did you wash them before you used them? They may have some build up. And are you sure you used a insert, not a doubler? Those aren't meant to keep everything in

It might be a good idea to use CD's during the day, first to see what works for you and what will fir your daughter best. It is kinda trial and error at first, but don't give up- you will find something that works for you.

What else came in your stash? Maybe a different type of diaper would be better.

Ask as many questions as you want! We're all learning and trying togther and all the mama's here are so great!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
erayne
Registered Users
seller

Don't be discouraged! It took me a while to figure out what works at night...we still have leaks once in a while. I have to super stuff my DS lol. Tonight he has I think 3 inserts....I forget what he has lol, but I stuff them in a FB and still put a cover on over that at night. CPF's work well to, with inserts. Good luck!
erayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
ramoth7
Registered Users

I cd'd for Jack's first whole month and never was brave enough to try it at night! But this go round I read what others said and tried a fuzzy bunz with two cottonbabies micro inserts and it worked well. Then last night I tried one cb insert with a hemp cloth (cb little weeds) folded over it, and that worked. I would also start during the day for shorter periods so you can see how the diapers work...
Old 06-26-2006, 02:18 AM   #5
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Yeah, with my 2yo, it took me many nights of leaking before figuring out what worked for us, so don't be discouraged. for a heavy wetter, you're going to need something heavy duty for nighttime. If you have FB, two MOE inserts and a microfiber towel worked well for us.
Luke's Drawers Goodnight Kisses are excellent for nighttime
Fleece covers are also good for nighttime, such as the stacinator or dancing bears fleece soaker
Good luck!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:23 AM   #6
jennyofthemoon
Registered Users
seller

lol I remember cd'ing at night at first. You relaly have to play around with it, as nighttime can be tricky, especailly if you have a heavy wetter. What we finally ended up using was a premium prefold with an infant prefold inside..it was the ONLY thing that worked. Not very exciting, but it got the job done for overnight.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:44 AM   #7
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe try some prefolds and soakers for night time use?
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 17, Seth 10, Pandora Moonlilly 6 and Nevermore Stargazer 3, married to my awesome sahd artist husband of 7 years
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:49 AM   #8
Hillbilly Bunny
Registered Users

My Mood:

Night diapering can be very tricky! I'd suggest a fitted and a cover for night for a heavywetter There are lots of nightime fitteds out there!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:58 AM   #9
cldaniele
Registered Users

Happy Heiny's don't work for us overnight even thought we stuff them with the same things that work overnight for us in a fuzzi bunz. A lot of people I know love them for daytime diapers only.

Also, was it a print or solid HH? The prints wick more than the solids.

Finally, did you pre-wash everything the necessary amount? It's possible that the inserts haven't reached maximum absorbancy yet.

Good luck. It takes some time to figure out which diapers work best at certain times for your individual child.
cldaniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:09 AM   #10
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No luck here with HH's overnight, either. Print or Solid. With a ton of stuff stuffed in (tried more and less in case I was putting too much in).
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote