Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
precious_caden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
*UPDATE* Yes its another "I want to quit" thread

UPDATE*****

So...a nice mama PM'd me and told me she had a similar problem and used the dishwasher to strip. Ive known thats one way to strip but honestly I didnt think my parents or DH would appreciate me stripping dipes in their dishwasher- and it made me nervous to think what it might do to the dipes. But Im desperate so I put in all my MF inserts, and my Peewell and BBL soakers. Im not going to risk it with PUL or elastic just yet.

I ran a wash cycle when it was completely empty to get any residue out of the inside.

Im on my second wash and HOLY SUDS!

Guess I had buildup despite my hot hot water soaks/rinses/Dawn washes in the clothes washer.

Ah well what can I say. Hopefully this means we're back in business

moral of the story is: If all else fails use the dishwasher!

I am just venting. Not sure if its teething, toddler pee, whatever, but I cant stand the smell when he pees. Diapers are stripped, clean, no build up. Smell fresh out of the washer and dryer. Smell fine when I put water on them (yes Im desperate to figure it out). Seriously. I have given up on pockets, and my fitteds are doing it too.

Same wash routine as before when we had no stink issues. I changed it up a bit to make sure, same problem so then I went back to what I was doing before to no avail. I know its not a wash problem.

A nice mama is sending me a prefitted so Im hoping that is our solution. Maybe microfiber/hemp isn’t working for us anymore. I also have some new prefolds I just got from a nice mama that answered my ISO. I trimmed one and went to put it on but DS was so squirmy- screaming his head off and being a pain. So I got fed up and put a sposie on him. And Im happy. His clothes fit better and I don’t have to worry about stink.

I can give up pockets, but I LOVE wool. Not to mention the countless hours I've spent knitting shorties for him, and the two longies I’m currently knitting, and the skeins of Purewool Im about to order for more longies. I just feel like it needs to be all or nothing and I cant have that attitude about it.

I finally have some Zephyrs on the way. A Luxe pull on. Stuff I have been wanting forever and now Im just discouraged.

I know I need to take a break and then re-evaluate. But Im just mad and want to sell it all

thank you vent over.

Advertisement

Last edited by precious_caden; 06-30-2007 at 11:39 AM.
precious_caden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yes its another "I want to quit" thread

Hey you can put sposies on under wool lol! Eden is wearing underwear under her wool and she will be wearing wool longies on her honeymoon so just add a ruffle to what your knitting and we'll take it off your hands...if we MUST ;-)
Seriously. Im sorry. Take a break. I think its fine to be fed up with things once in awhile
Old 06-27-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
cellydaniel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel you momma!I start CD-ing at night again and everytime I go in the kids room in the morning, the strong smell of ammonia will greet me I thought it was because the pee leaked but it's not. I have two kids in there with CD so the scent can be overwhelming.
Sometimes they use microfiber inserts and sometimes not but the smell is still there. I don't know if there is anything I can do but hold my breath when I go to their room.
cellydaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
precious_caden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmom2three View Post
Hey you can put sposies on under wool lol! Eden is wearing underwear under her wool and she will be wearing wool longies on her honeymoon so just add a ruffle to what your knitting and we'll take it off your hands...if we MUST ;-)
Seriously. Im sorry. Take a break. I think its fine to be fed up with things once in awhile
I thought about that- the sposie under wool

I think the thing I like about wool most is the function it has over a CD. I figure this winter when we are lounging around the house I would much rather put a PF and longies on him.

I know I am having a totally bad day- I could tell because of how frustrated I got putting that PF on DS. I just dont have anyone to vent to here. Nobody understands why I CD so I wouldnt get any good feedback from them.

Ive never done ruffles before...hehe...

Sometimes I just need to talk out loud. Or type out loud.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
precious_caden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellydaniel View Post
I feel you momma!I start CD-ing at night again and everytime I go in the kids room in the morning, the strong smell of ammonia will greet me I thought it was because the pee leaked but it's not. I have two kids in there with CD so the scent can be overwhelming.
Sometimes they use microfiber inserts and sometimes not but the smell is still there. I don't know if there is anything I can do but hold my breath when I go to their room.
Yeah I know what you mean. Ive already completely switched to sposies at night and am totally fine with that. Although now that I have toddler PF's I was going to play around with that and see what I could come up with. I dont know if prefolds may be our solution or not but today was not the day to try it with the mood Im in
Old 06-27-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
Thrice Blessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmmmm, m/b you are pg????? Things always smell worse then .

Maybe just do sposies till you get your new fluff in to give yourself a break. My son is almost 3 and I have a sensitive sniffer-the smell only is bad in the a.m., not during the day. I definitely think the PF's would be better on the smell deal, but wait till your not feeling so stressed. Don't quit yet, unless you want to sell me something I want -JK-take that break, girl...........
Old 06-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
precious_caden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice Blessed View Post
Hmmmmm, m/b you are pg????? Things always smell worse then .

Maybe just do sposies till you get your new fluff in to give yourself a break. My son is almost 3 and I have a sensitive sniffer-the smell only is bad in the a.m., not during the day. I definitely think the PF's would be better on the smell deal, but wait till your not feeling so stressed. Don't quit yet, unless you want to sell me something I want -JK-take that break, girl...........

pregnant...LMBO

I think its safe to say Im not- I have an IUD.

A nice mama suggested dishwasher stripping. I might try that. I did it once but wasnt getting suds so I gave up.

I think Im gonna take a nice little break. Ill continue my knitting and not cancel my Purewool order though. Thats drastic! I may regret that!

Last edited by precious_caden; 06-27-2007 at 07:47 PM.
precious_caden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #8
maggie_may
Happy Knits
seller

My Mood:

I love my night time sposie! And right now I hate fitteds so I put wool over aios/pockets all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious_caden View Post
Yeah I know what you mean. Ive already completely switched to sposies at night and am totally fine with that. :
maggie_may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #9
ModernMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've found that washing soda and vinegar in the wash helps with the stink issues! Give it a try and see....
ModernMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #10
precious_caden
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernMama View Post
I've found that washing soda and vinegar in the wash helps with the stink issues! Give it a try and see....
Thanks for the suggestions! I have water softner I have been using and that has washing soda in it (I think) and I have tried vinegar. We have hard water and I didnt notice it helped, so I stopped because I heard it can contribute to stink if you have hard water. Maybe Ill try again though- Im just out.