Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #11
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: WWYD? Sell dipes or save to use later?

We're keeping ours, but then again we're planning on having a kid within two years or so.

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2006, 09:50 AM   #12
Zan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momovthree
I'm thinking the same thing right now. Not sure if I should hold onto dipes or not. We're mostly sure there will be no more kids but not 100% positive. On the one hand it would be saving money to keep them BUT I figure I could sell them for a ton more money now. If I hold on to them 3 years, who is going to be willing to pay much for dipes that are that old? And I'm sure I would want to try whatever is *new* if we did decide to have another baby a few years from now.

I'm still thinking about this quite a bit and figure I don't really need to make the decision until DD has grown out of her dipes.

Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #13
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

we're sorta-kinda TTC#2 and dd is still using her diapers, so i plan to keep the majority of things. i have a lot of OS diapers which i hope to be able to use fairly promptly (maybe not at nb size, but small-medium) with a new baby. i will have to buy NB stuff b/c i didn't start cding dd until she was 9 months old. i also have been trying to primarily get GN stuff lately - but if #2 is a boy then i will probably part with some of the girlier things/things i don't absolutely love once dd is done with them (who knows when that will be).

but i'm not anticipating my diapers sitting around for a long time before being used - if i thought it was going to be years, then i likely would sell them off or only keep a few that had sentimental value.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:22 AM   #14
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

If I were real close to TTC, then I'd hold onto them. Otherwise, I'd sell them.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #15
Termie
Registered Users
seller

We are keeping all ours for the next baby. We CD for financial reasons first, and health for baby a close 2nd. So we are ok with all the money we are forking out (making us save only a little bit with newborns and smalls) knowing that the next one will be mostly free!

We figure he'll be in his Ms for a long time, so we plan to buy Ms new and are now adding in bG! for transitions n such.

I assume they will not be in the BEST shape with the next one, but they ought to be functional or functional with a bit of repair work. Either way they will be the bulk of our stash and we can buy a few as some of them wear out if need be. All in all MUCH cheaper than a whole new stash and selling off each size to buy the next isn't fun for me.

Plus we have a boy and figure if the next is a girl we'll want to get a few dipe/dress sets or at least a few girly colors.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #16
Quiverfillin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're plannng on having a few more, so I'm saving everything. The more kids we have, the less money I will have to re-buy dipes. YK?
Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #17
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are probably going to have another baby in the next 2-3 years, but I have been selling off ds stash whenever he changes sizes, I just figure that I can get the most for the diapers now as opposed to later and besides, these same diapers might not work for the next one anyway
Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #18
Laniemel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm planning on selling off most of the various diapers I have when I'm done with them. I'm going to keep all the prefolds (especially after I tye die them ) and I'm going to keep the covers that I have and am going to get from WWB. I'll keep them for when Macalaigh has a daughter, since I figure that there will always be mamas that use prefold and covers. I doubt we'll have another kid, but...you never know.
Laniemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #19
Termie
Registered Users
seller

oh yeah I meant to add a big ECHO to the mama who said they'd sell well on ebay. The buyers there don't seem to care how old they are. most listing don't say and they go for $10-$14/dipe!! As long as they are functional enough to sell here after she's done with them... they'll sell just as well in 2-3 yr on ebay.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #20
aimeemarie
Registered Users
seller

Maybe I will sell them in lots of 5 on Ebay...