Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #11
alisonsage
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Little Beetles opinions

I have a question about the hemp LBs. I love the OCV ones, so I recently bought a hemp lite off of FSOT. I was really disappointed to find the outside fabric to be very stiff and scratchy. It feels like it may develop holes. Is this normal for the hemp dipes, or was this diaper mistreated? It was sold to me as just beinin GUC (normal wear, etc.)

Advertisement

SAGE WOOLIES-Custom crocheted shorties and capris GALLERY
alisonsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #12
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonsage
I have a question about the hemp LBs. I love the OCV ones, so I recently bought a hemp lite off of FSOT. I was really disappointed to find the outside fabric to be very stiff and scratchy. It feels like it may develop holes. Is this normal for the hemp dipes, or was this diaper mistreated? It was sold to me as just beinin GUC (normal wear, etc.)
I found the hemp ones to be as you described, kind of stiff. I've heard a few people say they wish they were softer.
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:27 PM   #13
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

I think part of it depends on how it was washed/dried. I was definitely disappointed in how stiff the hemp was when I received mine new, and if you line dry... well, lets just say I wouldn't want it on my bottom. But dried in the dryer, they aren't bad. I'm not a big fan of hemp as the body of a diaper myself, but it's awesome as an insert. I definitely liked the OV ones better as far as softness, but the hemp is super absorbent. In the end, I couldn't use them because I needed something with more of a stay-dry liner.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #14
alisonsage
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, then I would say I LBs but would definitely go for the OC/OV and plush over the hemp. They are great.

SAGE WOOLIES-Custom crocheted shorties and capris GALLERY
alisonsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:17 PM   #15
ModernMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also found the size 2's to be to small on my super-chunk dd. We tried a toddler size and LOVE THEM. With the exception of a few random dipes they are the only ones we use! The hemp is super absorbant. I haven't had a problem with staining. If there is any poop I spray it with "Bac-Out" stain remover made by Bi-O-Kleen and we have never had a stain. Once a week I use washing soda and vinegar in a "Downy Ball" and this keeps them super soft and gets any lingering stink out. I hope she comes out with the toddler size in the "One" soon...I'm dying to try it! I have a ton of size 2's and also size 1's for baby due in November so if you would like to trade something for one of these to try PM me!
ModernMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #16
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I liked them for quite some time. They were a very reliable night time diaper for us without an extra doubler (or leaf). I was disappointed that my DD outgrew them long before the state weight range.

I'm not a huge fan of hemp because of the stink, but they were absorbant. The laundry tabs also didn't stay stuck through the laundry.

I want to try the toddler size, but I am too broke right now to get any. HTH!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #17
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i'm a sucker for the trim and absorbent and short rise description
now I want to try one!
LOL
Old 08-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #18
kcweldy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Ladies,

I just bought a size 2 snap hemp lite one and have an aplix one coming too,that I wanted to give a try. I really do NOT like aplix, but figured I'd give it a whirl, the dipe was pretty cheap. However, I have received the size 2 snap and I too found that it's really small on my 24lb, 18" rise, 11" thigh, 31" tall baby boy that is wearing 2t clothes. I've chatted with several of you here, and though it does fit on him, it won't long. I LOVE it though! He leaked just a tad through the bellybutton for his nap yesterday, after having it on a full 2 hrs, but he's a super wetter and belly sleeper. Then I had it on him for 3 hrs today and the cover over it wasnt even damp!

So I went to www.betterforbabies.com and ordered a toddler size of each the hemp original and the hemp lite. OUCH! That was expensive. $34 for the two dipes. However, as much as I'm loving these I'm willing to buy them a couple at a time over time until I get my stash built up.

I too wasn't impresses with the roughness of the hemp, but my kiddos are laid back and don't complain about that stuff, so it's not a huge deal here. I too would really like to try the new "ONE" diaper in a toddler size. Why don't all of us momma's with the big babies send her emails that there's a demand for them, we want them! Maybe if we all do that, we can get her to come out with it.

Kacie
Future LB diapering mamma!

Read about my journey with my golden retriever guide dog here:
http://hearnoevil-seenoevil.blogspot.com/
kcweldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:09 PM   #19
kellypillar
Registered Users

I have tried almost every variant on the Little Beetle and love them all. I have tried aplix, snaps, and no closure, Hemp original, Hemp lite, OC/OV, and ONE. The only thing I don't like is the laundry tabs on the aplix, but I've heard they've improved them since we got ours. The ONE doesn't snappi really well at the bottom, but I also know lots of folks have trouble with the bottom grips on snappis anyway. Other than that I love all my LBs. I like the low rise and trim fit, and I haven't had any problems at all with hemp stink or staining (but we use fleece liners).

The Hemp Original is our naptime/nighttime dipe, very absorbent, great fit. The Lite is our usual daytime dipe, very trim (love that!) and these ones we have in colors, which are so bright my kids love them. I actually like the texture of the terry on the outside, it isn't soft really but it feels very "earthy" to me, don't know how better to describe it. The terry works great with the snappis. The OC/OV and the ONE are pretty similar, very soft and absorbent, less trim than the Lite because the velour is a little "poofier," but still pretty trim overall. My daughter usually requests the ONE, because when I first tried it on her she said, "Ooooh, soft! Like it!"

If you have any other specific questions about the LBs, ask!
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #20
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I got one here in a trade and I love it,and for me to love a fitted that's saying something.
For the last week or so I've been using it as a nighttime dipe under wool and it's holding up well
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote