Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #21
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Little Beetles opinions

I have one with snaps that am sooooo in love with. Maybe ya'll can help me identify it: Terry outer, super soft inner, with beetle flappy deal, fits on the middle snaps on my 22 lb boy. I bought it new, but I don't think it is the one I ordered . I don't care though, whatever it is I LOVE IT

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2006, 12:40 PM   #22
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

I have to say, I love the fabric of the LB ONE! It is so much softer than other OVs that I've tried. I've had some difficulty snappi'ing it also (I got some no closures off FSOT here!), but I called Leah at BFB, and she told me to be sure you really dig in there, don't be afraid to go too deep with it. She also offered to have snaps put on them if I can't get the hang of using the Snappi with it for a very small price. I've used mine today on DS and have had much better luck, so I think it just takes some time to get used to. HTH!
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #23
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i got a couple off the fsot and I really like the fit. its low rise which we need. I love that there is at least one place that carries a fitted that absorbs pretty well and fits our baby's shape.
At 18 lbs the size one aplix still fits great. Its a lite and i like it because i can stuff in inserts but it still dries relatively quickly. We have a size 2 also with snappi closure and it fits too because we are able to adjust the rise easily.

I wish I had more even though they aren't super cute prints or something the super great fit makes them ... well GREAT!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #24
mama4jc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like them for our 2nd baby! We got the OC/OV, the ONEs and the hemp lites (currently on the way) for her. The first 2 have held up great for her even overnight (4-6 hrs) with a doubler. Also wanted to add that the laundry tabs for the aplix dipes are now much better....though they are starting to get a bit fuzzy already but at least they stay together in the wash. I can't say that for the older aplix ones that I have. The hemp does tend to get a bit scratchy even though we dry them in the dryer but I might put some DA in there sometime to soften it up. I know you didn't ask, but what I really love from Little Beetle is their wool wraps and soaker shorts - I can't say enough about them!!! I do agree that they run a bit small and only work for babies with a low rise, like the website states. HTH
Old 08-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #25
alisonsage
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd really love to try a pair of the soaker shorts. They look so simple and classy and trim.

I also wanted to add that I have warmed up to the hemp ones. I have 4 now and they are just so trim and absorbant that I reach for them first. I've tried the aplix, snap and no closure and ended up liking the aplix best so far, though the laundry tabs not sticking thing is kind of a hassle.

I wanted to love the no closures but they twisted and didn't stay put on my active DD. I am wondering if they would work better now that she is walking instead of crawling. Anybody have any expreience with this?

SAGE WOOLIES-Custom crocheted shorties and capris GALLERY
alisonsage is offline   Reply With Quote