Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question Big bust and carriers????

So anyone else big busted out there that uses a carrier? I really lik ethe beco, but that clip makes me nervous, and the mei tei looks like my dd might be smothered in my boosom. Anyone have this experiene?

Advertisement

Old 06-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Re: Big bust and carriers????

i haven't used any of the structured, clip carriers, but I did just get a mai tai and my little bit is doing much better then in the wraps I just make sure she is higher up, plus I am working towards wearing her on my back more so I dont have that problem.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
SMTFamily06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have only tried a Snugli & a Ring Sling , I just bought a Mei Tai & The ultimate Baby wrap so we will see how those work out. I haven't had problems with feeling squished though only when it's time for DS to nurse.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a 36H, so I think I count as big busted.... and I always felt that I was smothering my DD when she was little when I nursed her! I used a Baby Bjorn (before I discovered the MT) and my DD would just always turn her head and could breath fine.

When I got the MaiTai You can make it as tight as you need it and even when my DD was looking me straight b/w the boobs, she still had plenty of breathing room. Plus, you can look down and see her and know she is breathing fine. I also found that when she turned her head to the side it looked like the straps were covering her face (thus worrying me that she couldn't breath) but upon closer examination, I saw that there was a crack between the side strap that went over my shoulder and my arm, thus giving her a very nice, dark spot to lay her head to sleep, but still some fresh air!

Love the MT!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
KaiyaSue
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Currently a 38G-H over here. (Thank you nursing! )
I like the pouch sling for short outings. I like the MT for around the house. It works best if I tie the straps together once above the bust (like a chest strap) and then go to the back and tie under baby. It's still not exactly comfortable and it looks RIDICULOUS. (I'm sure you can all realate to the sausage look.) So I just use it around the home.
I'd like to try an Ergo or Beco, but could neve decide which one to go with.

ETA: I meant to say that I use the MT in a back carry. On a front carry it is most comfortable. I just make sure he's high enough that his arms are about bust level.

Last edited by KaiyaSue; 06-29-2007 at 06:01 PM.
KaiyaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
ttrjpbc
Transaction Issues arising. Please file a cliam if you are waiting on items!!
seller

My Mood:

I have "plenty", but not as much as you
DDish and the ERGO is great! I also just bought a BECO but don't have it yet, I will let ya know!
ttrjpbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:40 PM   #7
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiyaSue View Post
Currently a 38G-H over here. (Thank you nursing! )
I like the pouch sling for short outings. I like the MT for around the house. It works best if I tie the straps together once above the bust (like a chest strap) and then go to the back and tie under baby. It's still not exactly comfortable and it looks RIDICULOUS. (I'm sure you can all realate to the sausage look.) So I just use it around the home.
I'd like to try an Ergo or Beco, but could neve decide which one to go with.

ETA: I meant to say that I use the MT in a back carry. On a front carry it is most comfortable. I just make sure he's high enough that his arms are about bust level.
Hm....see i have a ring sling now, and its fine for short trips, but like when we went to the zoo my shoulders hurt sooooo bad. SO i would like something to get for those longer outings. Im a 34 G, or i was when i was BF, i guess now i am about a F or so, but im 5 ft tall, and my back is already srained from the boobs! I just need something that can balance out the weight.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #8
tawnia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

42 DD here...when I'm not nursing! I used a ringsling happily for my very small, very contented little girl. Little big man, on the other hand, hated it. In both cases, I think the sling works great for quiet babies, but an active baby just threw my already too-far-forward center of gravity even more forward, which was uncomfortable.

I have an ergo and love it both for front and back carries. My only issue with the front carry is that I can't see my feet...so walking down stairs is dangerous! We walked all over Rock City and Ruby Falls on vacation with ds in the ergo, though...and it was quite comfortable. The ergo is bulky and hard to just throw in the diaperbag...so...

I just got a solarveil MT for the pool/summer...and it is terrific! The balanced comfort of the ergo and the stash-and-go smallness of the mayawrap!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
-ashley-
Banned

My Mood:

I've got pretty big, but not REALLY big, HooHoo's and I've been comfy in anything so far. The key is to wear them high for sure!!!!
-ashley- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

36 g here and i have no problems with the BECO