Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2007, 12:25 AM   #11
Mrs_donnelly
Registered Users

Re: Big bust and carriers????

A lot of the carriers are large-bust friendly, I think. Heck, I got 'em and manage to work with 'em.

I think the chest belt on an Ergo is in much the same place as the chest belt on any backpack. They are pretty high.

In a mei tai, if you get wide enough straps (for me it's a minimum of 4 1/2" I think), you can actually cross them over the boobage. For me it acts like a minimizer. Any narrower and I squish out all over the place. In the front carry, I've never had a problem. In fact, I think it's somewhat easier to nurse because they have more range of movement!

Advertisement

Mrs_donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:15 AM   #12
newmom91403
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have been wearing my dd on back with the mei tei and my boobs are totally squished out, but I am at home and haven't gone out with it yet so I don't really care. When she is in the front she is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_donnelly View Post
A lot of the carriers are large-bust friendly, I think. Heck, I got 'em and manage to work with 'em.

I think the chest belt on an Ergo is in much the same place as the chest belt on any backpack. They are pretty high.

In a mei tai, if you get wide enough straps (for me it's a minimum of 4 1/2" I think), you can actually cross them over the boobage. For me it acts like a minimizer. Any narrower and I squish out all over the place. In the front carry, I've never had a problem. In fact, I think it's somewhat easier to nurse because they have more range of movement!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #13
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've used a ring sling, an Ergo, a Mei Tei, and a Tough Traveler frame pack all quite successfully with a large chest. I also have a ton of back/shoulder problems and find the ring sling to be a problem once they get over the infant stage. I switched to an Ergo and Mei Tei (depending on my mood) very happily and still carry 21 lb, 21 month old DS quite happily. I carried DD in the Ergo when she was almost 40 lbs in a pinch.
navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #14
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

I am a 40 F...and I use the Ergo...it works wonderfully! I have to keep him up a bit higher because I am currently pregnant and it is not comfy to have him lower on my tummy.

I also use a ring sling, that works out great, I can even nurse in it with the girls being as big as they are.

I have used a Mei Tai, but the straps were too thin so it was not comfy for me. But I had no problems with his comfort or anything like that.

I have also used the Ultimate Baby Wrap and that works great, except it is really stretchy, but I can adjust that fully to accomdate him.
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #15
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am an F and use a size 4 Hot Sling. I love love it! I have one in red and one in pink!

PSA: Eating Bison is better for health and the environment. Google it!
Marielblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #16
mamarocks!!
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am just a 38 DD and have zero problems with the whole big bust thing, I have 1 of every type and each is very comfy
mamarocks!! is offline   Reply With Quote