Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
My Mood:
Washable disposable dipes! (funny)

My husbands family was in town from Maine last week. While they were here, they really wanted to see Bryce Canyon, The Grand Canyon, and Zions N'tl Park.

That meant that we had a long road trip, and would be backpacking for three days. I wanted to try cloth, but it just wasn't going to work for us. Especially backpacking in 110 degree heat and having to carry the dipes around in our packs (not to mention that Camden has had the poops...)

Anyway, we ended up using sposies for the three days we were backpacking.

I came home to a mountain of laundry, and started it right away. I went to switch laundry and noticed there was "gunk" all over the clothes in the washer. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that it was the "gel" gross nasty stuff from inside a disposable diaper!

My husband, who is so used to cloth now, folded up a sposie and threw it in the laundry bag (while we were hiking)! I, stupidly, didn't sort the laundry very well, and washed it right along with our clothes!

Thank goodness nothing got ruined and I was able to clean all of the gel/gunk out of the clothes and washer. But, it grossed me out! The stuff inside of sposies makes my stomach turn now. It makes me wonder what I was doing, putting my son in sposies before I knew about cloth.

But, just so you know, the sposie came out clean---minus it's innards!

Last edited by masonite; 06-26-2006 at 04:19 PM.
masonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Washable disposable dipes! (funny)

Oh, man! I hate when sposies end up in the washer!! That's such a HUGE mess. Bleh!

We were still using GoodNites (on our oldest two) for a while after switching to cloth, and sometimes the boys would put their pjs in the laundry with the dipe still in them.. Ick. What a mess.
~Megan~ On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.
Wife to 1 "People want the truth but never want the scars.." Emery
Mama to.. too many to list!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
I had the CD wagon impounded!
My Mood:
Re: Washable disposable dipes! (funny)

Way to go dad!
Brenda & Brian-Parents to: Tiffany 15, Claire 12, Keegan 8, Nathan 6, Teague 2, Charlotte 12 months
SAHM, HSing, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, babywearing, LDS, aspiring midwife and natural birthing mama
keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote