Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Does you husband help school??

My husband spent 2 hours today, going thur the girls books, and the lesson plans and adding things to it. he works with out middle DD ( 5) on reading every night, and is helping the oldest do more math.

So does your hubby help??

At first i was offending, thinking, he thought I couldnt do it on my own, but now know he really wants to help...

just curious..

Advertisement

Old 07-01-2007, 12:28 AM   #2
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does you husband help school??

SWEET!!!! Send him over here when he's done... He can teach Kayt and Aub too

My dh doesnt help.... but mostly because of his work scedual.. hes hardly ever home.. between 2 jobs and 8 hours of school per week....
Old 07-01-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I'll have to see when the time comes really, but his strong points are science, math and computers. He already fully intends on teaching the girls to be geeks, so I'd say it's safe to assume that he will be helping as much as his job permits.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #4
mandikaake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not really much at all since we do mostly everything before he get's home. If there's something my dd isn't getting, I'll have him help her since they think more alike. But even then it's not much. He and I would both say I do 97% of the teaching.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
myrrh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine does. He's teaching Adin to read. We won't be officially homeschooling until the fall, but Dave is much more patient as far as trying to keep the kids focused and making it fun. It's the first time I've doubted who should be the SAH parent I'm hoping I can get into a good schooling groove by this fall.
myrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrh View Post
Mine does. He's teaching Adin to read. We won't be officially homeschooling until the fall, but Dave is much more patient as far as trying to keep the kids focused and making it fun. It's the first time I've doubted who should be the SAH parent I'm hoping I can get into a good schooling groove by this fall.
Thats how my dad was.. and we loved it! he was an AWESOME SAHD!! My mom worked and dad stayed home!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #7
Papooses
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes, when he's got paid vacation time (we're in NY & he's working through Indian Health Services on a Reservation out west *SIGH*) -- just today he took Leila on a musical hike ... instruments in hand & all through the farmland surrounding my parents' house She came back teaching me about the various plants & animals they saw

My parents also help out Grandma involves Leila in reading + math via cooking & grocery shopping (reading label, recipes, etc.) while Grandpa is more involved with teaching Leila team strategy & physical fitness + nutrition The core academia is left up to me
Old 07-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #8
Choose2bgr8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't sit down and do lessons really (we haven't thus far anyway, but we are considering more structure through the Hogwarts Correspondence School come fall) so he obviously doesn't do the lesson thing, but we are pretty equal in that we read to the girls and give them access to all kinds of information. We get into some pretty awesome discussions as well and since Daddy is a wealth of knowledge he provides just as much information as I do, if not more.

In the fall I will be doing most of the lessons and he will be teaching a "Care Of Magical Creatures" class about Dragons (he LOVES dragons). But we will still both continue to provide information to the girls during our discussions obviously, (which is when I think they learn the most, lol).
Choose2bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:14 PM   #9
providense
Registered Users

My husband is fantastic when it comes to Katie's schooling. I work part time so on Mondays and Tuesdays while I am at work Tony does school with her. It is less structured then with me. He does bible, geography (with the globe) and catechism. He will be the one in charge of science too-- it is my worst subject. I do everything else. My husband is so active when it comes to the schooling of the kids.. I love it!!
providense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #10
h&jsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband doesn't do any planning, but he jumps into whatever we're learning about. We tend to do school later in the day, so he comes home from work and helps out. He can often explain things to Hunter in a way that makes him understand it better. Hunter also really looks up to him, and often will try harder for DH than for me.