Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #51
keeperof3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you know if you have a problem? CDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsmom
Do you plot and plan which cloth diaper your DC will wear out to functions/cookouts/ parties etc?? I do! I can't wait for people to ask me "is that a cloth diaper??"

"why yes it is" LOL

OMG, that is awesome....i do that same exact thing!!! I am on here right now looking for cute little dresses (short ones) so that DD can wear them and show off all her fluff. I just got this new one and it has ruffles on the butt....it is way too cute to cover up with ANYTHING :-) This thread is awesome....and yes it is an addiction....i'm getting so many that i really really need to sale the some off because she doesn't "need" as many as she has...but they are all just too cute :-)

LOL

Advertisement

Ashlynn (12/8/00) Jadyn (1/3/03) Madisyn (8/16/05) Gavin (7/10/07)
keeperof3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #52
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I'm Sarah and totally addicted.

I discovered cds about 6 weeks ago and now they've taken over my life.
I dream about them
I have nightmares about them getting lost
I look for them everywhere
I have fluff everyday in my mailbox,the mailman doesn't try to stuff them in anymore,he brings them straight to me.
I've think I've spent enough to put one child through college.
Now I'm trading cloth at play group.
I had to change the password on my paypal acct so DH can't see what I'm spending.

Now that I have enough fitteds for a small village,but now I want to change to pfs
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:50 AM   #53
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchychristianmom
LOL, this thread has me cracking up! I've only been on DS a few weeks, but it's the first place I go when I get computer time -- I don't even care about checking my e-mail anymore except to see if anyone's pm'd me or posted to my subbed threads! I don't have much of a budget left to spend on dipes, but that doesn't keep me from researching every single possibility!

Funny thing is, I've been cd'ing for five years, with an 8-month break between ds2 and ds3. With ds1, I bought enough pfs and covers and was totally satisfied. With ds2, I discovered FBs, and was SOLD! Never looked at another brand, tried to convert every mom I knew to them. Had my babe in a white FB before colors came out, and considered it diaper heaven!

Now, with ds3, it's all about the wool, baby. And finding the PERFECT fitted. My name is Amanda, and I'm addicted to cloth diapers.
It's partially your fault I'm on this thread too! You and my friend AKA Quarli on here! You both should be asking forgiveness for starting me down the path of CDA!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #54
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

Hello, my name is Amanda and I am a cloth diapering addict. I have two kids in cloth and in two months went from Zero cloth to 85 dipes!!!! My latest addition were two gorgous daisy doodles (now I want more) and I just ordered an emboridered berryplush today (I already want more and it hasn't ever arrived yet). I painted all my white fuzzi bunz and have started painting my proraps now. Last night I caught myself thinking about buying more FBs and proraps just so I would have more to paint. So far I have gone 3 days without doing laundry and only did it then because my wet bag was stuffed full. I even bought DD a bunch of cute shirts and stopped putting pants/bloomers on her because I don't want to cover up her dipes! I want to get some dress sets next!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #55
hauser
Registered Users
seller

My name is Stephanie and I too am a cloth diaper addict!!

-I never put my three year old down for a nap until my 10 week old is asleep, just so I can get on DS!
-The first thing I ask DH when he gets home is did you check the mail. It is torture not to check it every day!! (our mail goes to our US address on the military base!)
-My DH has it bad too! He regurarly pulls ds2 pants down to show off his fluff (he 10 weeks old..don't worry) for his co-workers.
-I love to change ds2 when we are out of the house, hoping someone will notice his fluff!!
-When I noticed another babies fluffy butt this weekend, and she noticed ds2 fluff our eyes met and....ahhh
-I hate going more than a week without buying fluff or getting it in the mail!!
-I converted my neighbor!!
-I have started buying items to make my own fluff, but still can't stop buying dipes!!
-Sent in my old style BG's to get new style ones, and am waiting in anticipation as if I am trying them out for the first time!!

I want to fail the 12 step program, so I can keep buying!!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:00 PM   #56
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

I love this thread!
Old 07-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #57
quarli
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk_heidi
It's partially your fault I'm on this thread too! You and my friend AKA Quarli on here! You both should be asking forgiveness for starting me down the path of CDA!
All I did was show you a cute baby, in a cute diaper....I see nothing wrong with that....OHHH WAIT....I guess I did bombard you with a ton of different kinds to try and tell you how easy it was huh.....lol
Old 07-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #58
CakeMama
Registered Users
seller

I'm happy and sad all at the same time. Happy b/c I can relate to all of you, sad b/c in relating to you I am having to admit that I have an addiction!

My name is Lindsey and I too am a cloth diaper addict!!

I just started cd'ing less than a month ago, and have already spent/sold $500.00. Fortunately, dh rarely looks at the check book or I would already be in serious trouble. I started out by saying I needed 18 diapers to have a 'full' stash, that number continues to increase with each new diaper I see reasonably priced.. i am now up to 25 and know I have plenty more coming in the mail. I just can't keep straight what I've bought b/c paypal has me outta control! I agree with it feeling like monopoly money when you buy online. Sometimes I forget whos footing the bill! (hello!! you!!! ) There are dishes in the sink and laundry to be done, not diaper laundry though b/c those come first!!, but I continue to slave away on the computer in search of more and more diapers! I have even succumb to using diaperswappers as a reward... if i get something that needs to be done completed, i reward myself by checking to see if anyones selling something exciting! i cant help myself. the scary part is that i'm on baby #1 if another comes along that's a girl....oh no! i will most certainly have to keep all that i have in case of another boy, and buy all new stuff for girls!! Heaven help me...
CakeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #59
mom2hancj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This thread is hillarious!!! and so dang true!

I told my dh that I wanted to have another baby so I could cd him/her from the newborn stage and he said I was sick I still think it is a good idea

Yeah I have dipes flowing over all the diaper baskets and diaper stacker...and ones that aren't all that great that I just got a good deal on on ebay LOL. Now I am thinking about selling some cuz there is just too many more out there to still try...you know I haven't tried a daisydoodle or a berryplush or...or ..or LOL the list is endless
Old 07-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #60
CakeMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I told my dh that I wanted to have another baby so I could cd him/her from the newborn stage
I totally relate! I didn't start cd'ing until ds was 7mo and now i'm actually teary eyed thinking of all the cd'ing goodness i missed out on in the last 7 months...
CakeMama is offline   Reply With Quote