Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2007, 03:08 AM   #1
tea4two321
Registered Users
seller

25 week and having some issues

I am 25 weeks along with my third kiddo. I have a history of chronic high blood pressure although it seems to be holding steady at an ok level. About a 2 weeks ago I started developing swelling in my right foot (some in my left but its way worse in my right). At first I could drink plenty of fluids and prop my feet up and in the morning it would be gone, but now its around all the time no matter what I do. My ankle and the top of my foot are so swolled that when I press on it, it stays indented for a little bit. It's very uncomfortable. Then on top of that I have developed a pain under my right breast around the rib area only on my right side. The baby is not up that high, yet. Tylenol seems to help, a little. But really it's not relieved by anything. I called my ob but because of the holiday most of the docs are out and there were no apps. Receptionist said if I was very worried to go to L and D and get checked out. The baby is moving fine, so I guess I'm not THAT worried, but would you be? I don't remember any of this with my other two, but it has been 6 years, so maybe I'm got amnesia! Any advice? I really would like to get rid of some of this swelling!

Advertisement

tea4two321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:28 AM   #2
mondoowolfe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 25 week and having some issues

Go to L&D! Swelling and upper right abdominal pain are two main signs of pre-eclampsia. You are at higher risk because of the chronic hypertension! They will run some labs and probably make you do a 24 hour urine collection (best way to definitively diagnose preeclampsia). This is definitely something to check out to see where you stand!
mondoowolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Yes, don't wait! That kind of swelling is a big indicator of pre-e. You dont' want to mess with that. Believe me, I had it with dd#2 and it's no fun. Please get checked out as you don't want to endanger your life and possibly your baby's life.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
tea4two321
Registered Users
seller

ugh! I just hate the idea of going in for no reason and being "that mom", you know the one who fusses about every little thing. The swelling is a bit better in my right foot today, I've been urinating alot more, perhaps getting rid of some extra fluid. But my BP is elevated this a.m. (149/96). I'm going to take it again in an hour and make a decision. Thanks ladies for your concern, I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
danaalex
Registered Users

i hope you are ok, and i do hope you decided to be seen.

the swelling and pitting edema ( meaning it indents), along with the pain under your right ribs/ breast area are indicators of pre e. since your BP was up today i think the wisest thing is to go in and be monitored. even just for the babe's sake
Old 07-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, call dr and get checked...my 1st pregnancy I developed preeclamsia....had to stay off my feet with legs elevated and drink lots and lots of water!!! That was 22 yrs ago, so they may recommend differently now. Better to be safe!
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #7
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Run, speed, call an abulance to get you there faster. My neighbor had a blood clot that caused her leg to swell, and ALMOST DIED!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, it's better to be safe than sorry. Who care if you're "that mom" as long as you're "that mom" who's still alive to care for her other children.
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
tea4two321
Registered Users
seller

I'm home from L&D. I am fine, the baby is fine. I am to follow up with my regular doctor, but the gist is that I'm not exhibiting pre-e at this point, which is great news! Thanks for your concern!! Tina
Old 07-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #9
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much for going, and thanks for letting us know that you're ok.

*whew*
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #10
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i am glad you went glad its not pre-e, and hoep the dr can fuiigure out what it is at your followup appt.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote