Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #111
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How long did you breastfeed?

I am in a bit of an odd situation b/c my DD just turned two (yesterday) and pretty much self-weaned a couple of months ago, though not because she wanted to- I was pregnant and stopped producing milk altogether.
I gave birth to a stillborn daughter last week and decided to pump and donate milk. Since seeing me pumping, DD has decided she wants to nurse again, so I am letting her, but trying to limit it to before naps and nights only b/c she is very obsessive about it! LOL! In fact, I will tell her she can have mommy's milk before night-night, when she asks, and she says, ok mommy, I go night-night now! I have a feeling she would nurse until she was in college if I let her- she is a boobie girl for sure.

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 09:07 PM   #112
Happy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle412 View Post
Well, long story...I originally wanted to BF DS. But due to hospital snafus it didn't work out. I had a crummy hand pump and would supplement his formula w/ about 6oz of BM.

Around 3/4 months he was dxed w/ an allergy to corn, milk, soy, and wheat. I couldn't afford the neocate, so I instead got real busy w/ domperidone, ED, and got a GOOD pump. I was able to fully relactate within using 3 cans of the neocate.

At 14 months we are still going strong as DS is still showing signs of milk and soy sensitivites.

I will probably stop around 2 years though....Flame away, but EPing is hard work and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Steph

Are you kidding?! No flames! EPing is so difficult, you're doing a great job!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #113
Happy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Natalya View Post
I am in a bit of an odd situation b/c my DD just turned two (yesterday) and pretty much self-weaned a couple of months ago, though not because she wanted to- I was pregnant and stopped producing milk altogether.
I gave birth to a stillborn daughter last week and decided to pump and donate milk. Since seeing me pumping, DD has decided she wants to nurse again, so I am letting her, but trying to limit it to before naps and nights only b/c she is very obsessive about it! LOL! In fact, I will tell her she can have mommy's milk before night-night, when she asks, and she says, ok mommy, I go night-night now! I have a feeling she would nurse until she was in college if I let her- she is a boobie girl for sure.
Oh, Brandy! I am so sorry for your loss .
Old 07-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #114
jeanieande
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is 17 months and still asking to nurse frequently.

My DD self weaned at around a year. My lifestyle was MUCH different then and I wasn't able to be there with her to nurse as much as I am with DS. But I was glad to be able to nurse her as much as what I did!

Check out my homeschool destash:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=673570
jeanieande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:05 AM   #115
angelbabybailey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did not get to read all the op about this.. but you can also use a scale and weigh baby before and then after to get a idea on how much they are eating...just a idea.... good luck mama~

Quote:
Originally Posted by themom View Post
She didn't gain weight. She was put in the hospital at 8 months because she weighed less than she had at 5 months. She was 11 lbs 9 oz. The dr at the hospital was very supportive of breastfeeding but insisted that I feed her only formula during the hospital stay so that they could measure what she took in versus her weight. So we started using an SNS so that I could continue nursing but she burned too many calories so we had to stop that too.
angelbabybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:16 AM   #116
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD1: 1 year
DS: A little over a year
DD2: Still going, I hope to BF her longer.

haynmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 AM   #117
earthymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: How long did you breastfeed?

My DD is 7 1/2 months and still EBF. And don't plan on stoping anytime soon She will self wean. But I cant see myself going past 3 - 3.5 years if she doesn't wean herself before then.
earthymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #118
Granolamomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Half pint was 3 years old and she only weaned due to some meds that I was taking. My family (aka my mom) thought that she was way to old, but I didn't care.

I will let PeeWee self-wean also
Old 07-16-2007, 06:47 AM   #119
ktog29
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS1 - 2 years, 9 months
DS2 - Still going strong at 3 years, 4 months
DS3 - 7 months and nursing

We feel very lucky to have been able to nurse so long.
ktog29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 AM   #120
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Te had to be supplemented with formula from the start due to oral-motor issues. He was unable to latch and suck, so I pumped what I could for the first 2 months, but was never able to pump enough to meet his intake needs. Eventually my supply just dried up

Avi has been nursing like a champ since birth.. shes received some formula supplementation (due to low milk supply), but is primarily breastfed.. and she's 7 months. I plan on nursing till about 18 months or so if all goes well.