Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 PM   #141
VioletteCrumble
Registered Users
seller

Re: How long did you breastfeed?

10 months. I wanted to go much longer but needed medication that I could not BF on at that point.

Advertisement

Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #142
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

My DD is 16 months and still nursing .. we just started don't offer/don't refuse for day time feedings.. she still nurses 5-7 times a day - i plan to let her self wean but we are ttc and the last time i was pg (miscarried) my milk supply dropped dramatically so i'm expecting that to happen again and i'm not sure how long she'll keep it up after that

my mom, DH, MIL etc all told me how they felt about extended nursing when DD was only a few months old - but now that we're there, (past 1 yr) they haven't said a word! they know better! and I believe DH is actually supportive ..
Old 07-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #143
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS1- 9 months, I got pregnant when he was 3 months old and my milk dried up

DD- 13 months, she kinda self weaned, I got pregnant when she was 9 months old and I was starting to dry up, so she slowly just stopped

DS2- he is 11 months old today and his amount of feedings have decreased, but he is still very much attached
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #144
Tessamoon
Registered Users

My Mood:

i am impressed with how many not only nursed past 1 year but how many are tandem nursing.

My DS is 35 months and still nursing and my DD is 12 months.

When I was prego the plan was to nurse both of them as long as Peter wanted to when the baby came. He has dairy allergies so the pedi encouraged mr to nurse him to at least age 2. When asked "how are you going to nurse 2 of them" I always said "I have two boobs you do the math" They are so close and I think all the time spent together sharing the breast has helped that happen. He got all upset when I left her with DH to just have a Peter and Mama day last week, He was 22 months when I had her and I don't think he recalls a time before Tessa.

We are now TTC #3. I think he will keep nursing until way in to 5 if I let him. Not her she showed signs of self weaning anytime and we had days when I thought she would not make the year mark. She will pick water and food over nursing any day and Peter I have to force off the boob to go eat a meal. The joke in our house is I get pergo for #3, Tessa weans but Peter tandem nursing with that baby too. Fine with me but I am sure extended family won't be so supportive. We had great support until he turned 2 now I am getting comments.
Tessamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #145
smittybike
Registered Users
seller

MY LO self weaned at 13 1/2 months, I struggled with daily pumping, reglan, and supplemeted when necassary. So I'm g;ad we made it that long, it was a lot of work!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:35 AM   #146
peachbub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

14-mo for DS and still going with amelia grace (10-mo). i love the snuggle time!!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:59 AM   #147
sparklie.lady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi...I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first post!

After a horrible, HORRIBLE start (DD did not latch at all until 3 weeks--the day I was ready to throw in the towel), we're still BF at 9 months. I have no problems NIP, except in front of my in-laws...isn't that weird? Pretty much everybody is supportive of us, with the exception of my grandmother--and she just wants to be able to feed Piper!

We've made it through 3 bouts of mastitis and just finished our first (and hopefully only) nursing strike. She's down to nursing about 5-6 times a day but I hope we can make it at least a year and then as long as she wants to after that.

Mandy
sparklie.lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:47 AM   #148
lombardowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dd never would latch so I pumped and gave her bm in a bottle for 2 months. Then my breast pump broke and I gave up. (I was young and overwhelmed)
My ds I was determined to nurse for longer and after latching difficulty, we made it to 10.5 months. I wanted to go longer, but I spent 10 days in the hospital with a lung infection and literally almost died and couldn't keep my supply up. I also had to be put on mountains of medication for 2 months and couldn't breastfeed. I was devastated to have to wean before we were ready, but I'm at least glad we made it that long this time.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #149
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS#1 I nursed until 16 mo when he gave me a really bad skin infection on my breast, and I had to stop nursing in order for it to heal. DS#2 although he hates to stay still long enough to nurse won't take a bottle so I'm at his beck and call indefinately...
Old 07-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #150
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

DD will be 7 months this coming week and we're still going strong. I plan to follow the 'don't offer, don't refuse' concept when she's 18 months if she hasn't already self-weaned because we will be TTC #2 at 24+ months and I do not want to be BFing while pregnant. I have fertility issues as it is, so making a baby is a very organized, planned-to-the-detail ordeal for us.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote