Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #21
mayrain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long did you breastfeed?

we believe in clw too and my oldest dd finally decided that she was done around 5. the sad thing was is that i didn't know it was the last time when it was happening but she did cause she told me later that she thought my milk tasted funny and didn't want anymore! Although i strongly believe in clw, i did start to implement a "don't offer, don't refuse" and "no nursing until the sun comes up" policy when she was three cause i wanted to sleep!!! my baby is 10.5 months and still pretty well ebf, i offer her food every day just to see if she is ready and nope, she still prefers mama. And I will let her nurse as long as she want to as well!

Advertisement

Old 07-04-2007, 11:01 PM   #22
piccolo41099
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK here we go...
Noah self weaned a week before he turned 2 (I was also 4 months preggo)
Garritt self weaned at 15 months (again, I was 4 months preggo)
Payton self weaned at 20 months (once again, I was about 4 months preggo)
Connor, is 9 months and still nursing like a champ
piccolo41099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #23
ShannaMarie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was grossly uninformed with my first, thought he wasn't getting enough, started supplementing, and wound up completely switched over to formula by 4.5 months.

I made it to 14 months with DS2, and I was ready to be done. My initial goal was 6 months, then 1 year, and I got pregnant right after his 1st birthday. He was down to nursing 1-2 times a day at that point anyway, and it was getting uncomfortable for me, so I decided to try offering him a sippy when he "asked" to nurse, and he only asked 2 or 3 times and took the sippy very easily as a substitute. Weaning couldn't have been easier.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 AM   #24
missy_cbell21
Registered Users
seller

before i thought about having kids i never even thought about bf'ing, while i was pregnant i said i would try for six months but if it didn't work no big deal. when ds turned six months i decided one year was old enough, when he turned one year i stoped putting limits on it because i will just extend them anyways. so now my thought is that he will wean himself before he goes to collage, and if not i guess i will just have too pump and mail it too him. i say that each child and mother is different, i respect any mother who trys her best and admire all the moms that have made it through the hard times. i think two years is awsom! and you should not need too be worried about being flamed because there are plenty of moms who just don't nures at all. i think the decision too bf or fourmula feed is a personal choice and i will admit that when i see a baby being bottle fed i get a tad upset but i would Never say anything too the mom, i just don't know what she had went through or why she chose too bottle feed.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #25
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

DS was about 7mo when we stopped, he went on a nursing strike and I didn't know enough to stick it out, plus I had gone back to work and wasn't able to pump.
DD is 20mo and going strong!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #26
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Ashwin is nursing and is 14 almost 15 mths!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:25 AM   #27
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by themom View Post
First baby - 2 days, pumped for 6 weeks.

Second baby - 9 months (had feeding and weight gain issues)

Third baby - 3 years (my personal limit)

Fourth baby - 9 months (severe, ongoing feeding and weight gain issues)
Hi mama - I am curious about your 4th baby...not sure what you mean by weight gain issues?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 AM   #28
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighznich View Post
I think its sad to have to worry about being flamed! 2 years is awesome, you're doing a great job mama! My dd had the same problems, maybe not as bad because she tolerates Nutramigen well. But I had to do the ED, and relactated, but by the time I relacted (5 weeks) she had self weaned. She was almost 5 months old. So kudos to you for going this long! I know how extremely difficult pumping and ED can be!!!

I watched a video on You Tube today about a mama (somewhere in the UK I think) who was still breastfeeding her 8 year old and 5 year old. It was from some sort of documentary titled "Extraordinary Breastfeeding".. It was really interesting to listen to her views on extended BF.
Yeah, I saw that You Tube video - I thought it was very interesting to see what the girls thought of bf as they were much older and so articulate! I think to me anyways that 8 is too old, but who knows, I might be there one day!
Old 07-05-2007, 01:22 AM   #29
gracelb
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: How long did you breastfeed?

#1 17months
#2 7months ( he never wanted to be still after crawling )
#3 15months
#4 14months
#5 due in three weeks
gracelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:30 AM   #30
Bleu
Registered Users

My Mood:

Here is a link on the Extraordinary Breastfeeding programme, written by the mama herself:

http://www.themothermagazine.co.uk/e...stfeeding.html

I write for "The Mother", the magzine that Veronica (the mama who is featured in the documentary) is an editor for.

I nursed for exactly the worldwide average (according to WHO) of 4 years 2 months. :-)
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote