Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #11
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What is w/all the popups?

Are they all happening prior to logging in? If so, that is understandable. I think some of the ads we show are to guests (or those NOT logged in) only and they might throw some pop-unders in there ocassionally.

Are you forced to login in time you come here? Can you check the remember me box?

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2007, 09:18 AM   #12
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie&Logan'sMommy View Post
I havent seen any i do have a popup blocker though, so maybe it isnt letting them through.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 AM   #13
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrmluv View Post
Mine come up when I open diaperswappers, before I log in.
That is the only time I have ever seen it. I use firefox and do not use the ad blocker. But 99% of the time it remembers me so I dont see it.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #14
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

I have to log in every time I visit, it works about half the time, and I have the "remember me" box checked. I only clear cookies if it isn't letting me log in. And I sent you a pm with the screenshots of one of the pop ups and a banner I got before I logged in, I don't think I would want "guests" to get that impression from the site.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #15
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrmluv View Post
I have pop up blocker too, but I am still getting pop up ads. I never did before about 2 days ago though...
Yeah I have a popup blocker too & I started getting them whenever I login & some of the other pages as well. I'm able to block some of them b/c that bar in the top of my screen will say "popups blocked click here to enable popups for this site" but some still sneak through. It's for ads. Aggrivating the heck out of me & really deterring me from spending time here to be honest. I don't have to deal w/that elsewhere. I've just been coming here to check my messages & that's it b/c of the popups.

I have Firefox w/popup blocker.

Also, I check remember me but it always makes me login again... even when I login, I have to play around for a few minutes before it acts like I'm really logged in. I login & it's still at the guest screen if that makes sense.

If I was a guest & getting all the popups, I'd leave. JMO.

Last edited by CMamma; 07-05-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #16
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I understand you feel that way, but I do this only for guests to keep you as a registered member viewing less ads. These pop unders do not show up to registered members once logged in. I have added a statement to the message displayed up top on the site that appears to all guests that says:

"Also know that when you become a registered member several of the ads you see will no longer appear and the pop ups will be gone. Enjoy your stay!"

So now people may be more inclined to sign up to see less ads.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #17
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I am logged in each time I visit the site-I have the Remember me box checked. I have pop up blocker on, and see the ads ALL the time. It's annoying, and have said many times before I'd rather pay to use this site rather than seeing half naked girls pop up for a dating ad. I sometimes use this site when my children are around (GASP! Bad Mommy!) and I don't like not knowing what they might see.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #18
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I understand you feel that way, but I do this only for guests to keep you as a registered member viewing less ads. These pop unders do not show up to registered members once logged in. I have added a statement to the message displayed up top on the site that appears to all guests that says:

"Also know that when you become a registered member several of the ads you see will no longer appear and the pop ups will be gone. Enjoy your stay!"

So now people may be more inclined to sign up to see less ads.
Even w/the remember me box checked & signing in I still get the crazy popup adds.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #19
Knittress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonMamma View Post
Yeah I have a popup blocker too & I started getting them whenever I login & some of the other pages as well. I'm able to block some of them b/c that bar in the top of my screen will say "popups blocked click here to enable popups for this site" but some still sneak through. It's for ads. Aggrivating the heck out of me & really deterring me from spending time here to be honest. I don't have to deal w/that elsewhere. I've just been coming here to check my messages & that's it b/c of the popups.

I have Firefox w/popup blocker.

Also, I check remember me but it always makes me login again... even when I login, I have to play around for a few minutes before it acts like I'm really logged in. I login & it's still at the guest screen if that makes sense.

If I was a guest & getting all the popups, I'd leave. JMO.
Maybe try getting the firefox ad blocker. It's supposed to block in text ads as well. I miss the days of only WAHM ads not all these disgusting ads. I reported a weightloss patch ad but it seems nothing was done - took screenshots and submitted them and everything.

Laura who's loving life
Dyeing/Knitting WAHM
Old 07-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #20
haynmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't get popups or ads. I installed the google toolbar and it has an excellent pop up blocker. I also have Ad-aware.

Closed Thread