Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
HumblePie98
Registered Users

My Mood:
3 questions in 1 post!

Those of you have 3 kids:

How hetic is your day? Do you find yourself being pulled in a million different directions? Do any of you have 2 young ones (under 3)? Does it make it worse? My oldest will be 8 by the time we TTC, but the baby will only be 2.

Have any of you had a VBAC? My first baby was born by vaginal birth. This one was emercency c-section. Since I already had the epidural, its the bikini cut. My current OB's office says I cannot have one because my uterus could rupture. (from the way he cut) At this point I don't think I will even see them again. I don't want to have another csection.

I have never had trouble getting pregnant. It's always been 1 try and I was pregnant. So that being said, I'd like to try and concieve a girl. LOL. I know there are alot of "tricks" out there. Do any of them really work, from your personal experience?

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
Mindi
Its a Mindi thing... you wouldn't understand
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 questions in 1 post!

Well, I can really only answer your first question since all mine were vaginal and I have 1 girl to 3 boys But my youngest were 18 months apart. I would say it is very difficult until you have a routine down. Once we got that down it was SO much easier.
GL with TTC! (and I'm the same way as you, fertel mertel )
Old 06-27-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 3yr old, 1 yr old, and Aidan is due in 30 days. I feel very pulled somedays, and then others are fine. We shall see what happens when Aidan gets here. I have had 2 sections, so this one will be too. i cant help you with the vbac question. And my first two are girls and then this one is a boy, we did nothing special, just happened that way.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i have a 4 year old and a 3 year old and brighton is due in 7 weeks 5 days...as for the young one and a baby...aj was 16 months old when i had dustin and really it wasn't that hard IMO. i'm expecting adding #3 to the mix will be MUCH different though lol. as it is my days (now) seem hectic to me and it seems like no matter what i don't get enough rest or enough done. i think it was much easier when they were both so little.
as for the trying to get a girl, there's a method a friend of a friend used (we were too impatient to wait to do this lol) with all 4 of her pregnancies and "got what she wanted" lol. it was told to her by her ob. she kept ph strips on hand and for a girl you want your system to be acidic so you eat accordingly to become that way...lots of foods with vinegar..pickles, no beef or pork, just chicken and fish as far as meat goes..stuff like that for some ideas. if you continue to test base or alkaline she said sometimes changing the water you're drinking will help as well...like changing from tap to bottled or changing brands of bottled ect. anyhow, alkaline will get you a boy.
the reason for this method working (as i've been told) is that male sperm generally die in an acidic environment, and for the alkaline getting a boy, the male sperm swim faster than femal so they "get there first" lol. GL!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
HumblePie98
Registered Users

My Mood:

where do you buy PH test strips?
HumblePie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 7.5yr old, 5yr old and 17mo old.....its quite stressful at times, but my 5yr old has her own issues so without that...it'd probably be alot easier, especially now.

I had all vaginal births so I can help you on the c/s info

If ya want a girl, you can borrow dh, LOL! We have 3 girls We've done it "the girl way" & " the boy way" and we STILL got all girls.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:36 PM   #7
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 8yo, 3yo, 2 yo, and 7mo. Life is crazy. You adjust.

Vbac? No, all cs.

Chart, chart, chart.
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:39 PM   #8
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't answer your 3 kids ?, bc I'm only expecting my 2nd in 9 weeks, but as for the other two...

The shettles method says if you want to have a girl, time intercourse for 2 days prior to ovulation, then abstain until you know o has passed. The reasoning is that X carrying sperm tend to "last longer" than Y's do, and if you try right at ovulation, Y's swim faster and you'll get a boy, or at least that's the theory. My OB doesn't believe this, but lots of people swear it works.

VBAC - I am trying for one this time. My 1st was a section due to breech. You should be a good candidate if you have a low transverse incision and you've had a vaginal delivery before. I'm a bit nervous bc I"ve never even been through labor before!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:54 PM   #9
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i honestly don't know where to get the ph strips at lol...maybe try ebay?

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:00 PM   #10
Kellyd
Registered Users

I have an 11 year old, a 7 year old, and a 3 year old and am waiting on #4 in about 5 to 6 weeks. Sometimes my days are totally crazy, other days not so much (like when the 2 oldest are at school!) There are some advantages to having them so far apart- such as the oldest is a lot of help, and so is my middle one. On the other hand, I can see the great advantages to having them closer together- such as the fact that I have spend the last almost 12 years buckling at least one child into a car seat- whereas if I'd had them closer together I'd be done with that now!

Anyway- I think bigger families are great, and I also think that once you get past #2 it isn't much more work.
Kellyd is offline   Reply With Quote